Application Cycle 2016-2017

Hey guys! I got accepted earlier this month and also received that email with the 10 digit. The only thing it gave access to was a page where you can see and update your application i.e. Update transcripts or Volunteer hours which they invite you to do whether you've been accepted or are still waiting for an interview.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist yet? How many more interviews are there left? Is the class full?

At the feb 11 interview Melissa mentioned that there were more than 20 spots left, but 10 spots should've been filled after that interview. I think there is one more interview on March 4, which will be another 10 spots filled. I'm not sure how the alternate list works.

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist yet? How many more interviews are there left? Is the class full?

I am on the alternate list as well. Anxiously waiting since November! Does anyone know how many are on the alternate list and how USC pulls from the alternate list? Good luck everyone!

I am on the alternate list as well. Anxiously waiting since November! Does anyone know how many are on the alternate list and how USC pulls from the alternate list? Good luck everyone!

I have been waiting since sept.. I looked at previous years threads and it looks like end of March until June was when alt people were accepted. .. and only 3..

Hi guys don't forget that a good majority of students who applied are not on this forum. When I interviewed last month a bunch of the girls didn't know this forum existed. There were a bunch of first years volunteering that day and they said about 8-10 of them were alternates from their class. I tried asking the grad admissions how the alternate list work but they were very vague, as in just told me what was written on the alternate list letter. I am also waiting :( hopefully we will all get a spot!

Hi guys,

I wanted to wish everyone good luck! I actually just went to the last interview session and was pleasantly surprised to see how laiback it was. However, I started to feel overdressed when I noticed a couple of people dressed in questionable ways. How important do you think attire/appearance is in an interview?

Hi guys,

I wanted to wish everyone good luck! I actually just went to the last interview session and was pleasantly surprised to see how laid back it was. However, I started to feel overdressed when I noticed a couple of people dressed in questionable ways. How important do you think attire/appearance is in an interview?

how did some of them dress, that you felt overdressed?

Hi guys,

I wanted to wish everyone good luck! I actually just went to the last interview session and was pleasantly surprised to see how laiback it was. However, I started to feel overdressed when I noticed a couple of people dressed in questionable waysHow important do you think attire/appearance is in an interview?

If you truly thought they were questionable ways, I think this may partly answer your question. Suit of modest color seems formal to me, not only based on what I wear / other people wear, but also etiquette guides and otherwise. 

how did some of them dress, that you felt overdressed?

If you truly thought they were questionable ways, I think this may partly answer your question. Suit of modest color seems formal to me, not only based on what I wear / other people wear, but also etiquette guides and otherwise. 

I meant in my opinion they seemed questionable but I was curious because I could have been wrong. One guy didn't wear a suit and a few girls wore either short skirts, no pantyhose, or low cut shirts. 

I emailed Admissions office yesterday simply to ask if the class was full and the admissions counselor who emailed me back did not answer my question. She simply said, "the admissions committee has until August to pull people off the waitlist. They encourage all alternates to start reapplying for the next cycle." I've seen in past years that applicants were able to reach someone in the admissions office to see if the class was full. Has anyone else had luck reaching someone at the admissions office?

I emailed Admissions office yesterday simply to ask if the class was full and the admissions counselor who emailed me back did not answer my question. She simply said, "the admissions committee has until August to pull people off the waitlist. They encourage all alternates to start reapplying for the next cycle." I've seen in past years that applicants were able to reach someone in the admissions office to see if the class was full. Has anyone else had luck reaching someone at the admissions office?

I emailed also asking if they would be pulling from the alternative list and received the exact same response.

Archived