Virginia: Lynchburg College 2016-2017

I'm interested in applying to this school, but I am wondering if it is way too late to submit an application. I originally submitted my CASPA 6/1/16, so I know the importance of applying early. After going back and reading this thread, I have only seen two interview dates so far. Any suggestions? Is anyone else considering the same? 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested in applying to this school, but I am wondering if it is way too late to submit an application. I originally submitted my CASPA 6/1/16, so I know the importance of applying early. After going back and reading this thread, I have only seen two interview dates so far. Any suggestions? Is anyone else considering the same?

If you can afford to I don't see why not. The very least you'll be out 100 bucks with the caspa app and supplemental app.

• 2 weeks later...

I just relinquished my interview spot on 12/19 with much reluctance. I was accepted to a program in my home state and cannot afford the deposit and a trip to Lynchburg! It is such a great program, so if you get in go! I would be there now if I was pulled from the active list last year. Hope someone gets a blessing soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It was really enjoyable, the atmosphere is really welcoming and you will get to spend a lot of time with current students and meet all the faculty. Congrats on your interview and good luck!!

I received a follow up email regarding the interview day. What do they mean by group activities? What is involved with these activities? Thanks!

I am a current student and for anyone that is wondering if it is too late to apply, I would go ahead and apply. I personally applied early and interviewed on the first date and was accepted then, but I know a lot of my classmates didn't interview until the last interview date, which was maybe just a couple months before we started classes. I don't know for sure when they applied, but the school definitely has spots open still! They don't let us know how many spots have been filled or anything, but I do know that they like to keep their options open and don't simply accept everyone from the first interview day right away. They have an active list that some people get put on, which allows them to keep spots open while still considering the candidates on the active list. 

As far as the doctoral program, the current 2nd years will enter that program (if they choose) after they graduate from the masters portion in August. We (the first years) have been pretty preoccupied with didactic stress and starting to get excited/worried about clinicals, so we don't hear as much about the doctoral program development as the 2nd years, but I know that it's definitely coming along and everyone at LC and the surrounding medical community is really excited about it!

Also, I will be at the interview on the 19th, so I'll see some of y'all then!

I have an interview on Dec. 19th. I am very excited! I have heard wonderful things about this program! Can anyone tell me what the group activities are like? And how long does it take to hear back from them after the interview. I find the interview to be easy. It's the waiting for the email or phone call that makes me anxious.

I received a follow up email regarding the interview day. What do they mean by group activities? What is involved with these activities? Thanks!

Hey sorry it took me so long to reply, it's sort of a critical thinking exercise and talking with your group. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Tromb10, I hope this is helpful. I considered not applying either because I thought I was it was too "late".

Verified 6/11/16

Applied via CASPA: 10/13/16

LC Received CASPA Application: 10/19/16

Supplemental Application Notice: 11/4/16

Sent Supplemental Application: 11/11/16

LC Received Supplemental Application: 11/21/16

LC Held CASPA and Supplemental Application for possible interviews-stated all available interview days for the fall were filled and I will receive notice of spring openings: 1/9/17

Interview Day Notice for 3/3/17: 1/16/17

Have hope and positive thinking! Good luck!

Does anyone know how full the class is/how many more interviews they're offering? Considering applying here but wondering if it's too late

PrePA239, I was in the same boat! I hope this helps!

Verified: 6/11/16

Applied via CASPA: 10/13/16

LC Received CASPA Application: 10/19/16

Supplemental Application Notice: 11/4/16

Sent Supplemental Application: 11/11/16

LC Received Supplemental Application: 11/21/16

LC Held CASPA and Supplemental Application for possible interviews-stated all available interview days for the fall were filled and will receive notice of spring openings: 1/9/17

Interview Day Notice For 3/3/17: 1/16/17

I hope this helps!! Have hope and positive thinking!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived