Shadowing letter of recommendation

I have been shadowing a PA for 3 days now for about 15-20 hours. I think I have been professional and have been asking questions that show my interest and curiosity for the profession. We have had talks about my goals, why I want to be a PA, etc. I plan on shadowing her a couple more times and am wondering if it would be appropriate to ask for a letter of recommendation from her. I am submitting my app in one month and am running out of time, otherwise I would've liked to shadow longer. Is it okay to ask for that LOR?

If you feel that you have built a solid relationship with this PA then I say absolutely ask for it. You said you are submitting in a month and I assume you do not have a letter of rec from a PA yet. The letter of recommendation from a PA can really make or break your application to the vast majority of schools and most actually require one from a PA to begin with so if you believe they can write you a decent recommendation definitely ask.

I have shadows frequently, but most are only for a few hours here and there.  Some come to me very prepared and know everything about the PA profession.  For those very few shadows, I would write them a letter.  However, most shadows have not done their homework.  I have also sat on an admission committee for several years.  So, when I see a reference letter from a PA I review how much time was spent with the student and the content of the letter.  Sometimes, I can tell if this is a form letter the PA has written or a true letter from the PA about a student they believe in.  If I can't tell, then that letter means little to me.  

Archived