I'm relocating to a new area. Going for love and family, leaving behind working 6 full days a week and making a ton of money. The income loss will be quite high, and I'm trying to mitigate it with side work. I've gotten the new job to agree to 4/10s. I'll also (theoretically) qualify for loan repayment and a few other benefits.

I'm willing to work more, especially to supplement the income. The question is, what are side jobs that you all do that are lucrative? Weight loss? Testosterone? Chart review? Send me your ideas :)

What you really want to know is what you can do to make money that doesn't benefit patients but isn't frowned upon by society?

But I can sleep well tonight knowing you may qualify for loan repayment. Super excited to see our tax dollars are supporting healthcare providers who are truly committed to the well being of patients. 

How about speaking for pharmaceutical companies? Find one (or more) meds that you really like/believe in and then talk to your local rep to see if speaking would be a possibility. Typically consists of dinner programs after hours, but some in-office lunches are also possible.  It's a sweet gig and can be very lucrative. Good luck!

Guest ERCat

Newton - seriously? I find your comment very judgmental and rude. She is leaving her old job for family and subsequently making less, and wants to make up the difference by doing something easy on the side? she already spends 40 hours a week committing herself to the wellbeing of patients. Who cares if she wants to do something a little more mindless for some extra money? Who wouldn't?

Personally I've thought about taking up Botox or doing chart review on the side - but maybe I shouldn't because according to Newton that makes me an a-hole!

Newton - seriously? I find your comment very judgmental and rude. She is leaving her old job for family and subsequently making less, and wants to make up the difference by doing something easy on the side? she already spends 40 hours a week committing herself to the wellbeing of patients. Who cares if she wants to do something a little more mindless for some extra money? Who wouldn't?

Personally I've thought about taking up Botox or doing chart review on the side - but maybe I shouldn't because according to Newton that makes me an a-hole!

Wouldn't one need an SP and an office to do Botox?

How does one find these chart review jobs?

Yes, Newton is being a dick.

You guys are right. I was being a little hateful. But when you spend the afternoon with a brain dead 16 year old who would not be brain dead if a pediatrician would of given a damn, you get a little worked up. Best of luck increasing your salary. Hopefully you'll add some value to patients lives while your at it.

Archived