2016-2017 Yale University Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know what the interview day format is like or how early it starts? Haven't gotten my confirmation email yet.

Also was the informal gathering the night before helpful? I'm 2 hours away by car and debating as to whether its worth getting a hotel or just driving in the morning.

omg I got accepted 

Congrats on getting accepted!! 

I'm going for my interview 10/27. I was wondering if you know how the day is structured, they said the day should end around 4pm and I was wondering if past interviewees can give any input on what time it ended for you. I have to be at JFK for a flight at 8pm and I'm worried about the time crunch...

Congrats on getting accepted!! 

I'm going for my interview 10/27. I was wondering if you know how the day is structured, they said the day should end around 4pm and I was wondering if past interviewees can give any input on what time it ended for you. I have to be at JFK for a flight at 8pm and I'm worried about the time crunch...

Thanks! And you should be able to make that flight (I had a flight leaving at 7:50pm from Hartford and I made it with no problems).

We got out a little before 3, but I imagine it depends on how many people are interviewing and how many questions your group asks ha. We only had 15 people interviewing my day, so it went pretty quickly. We started with an information session, then did interviews, then had a tour of the campus, then had lunch with current students, and we finished up with closing remarks about the program. 

Am I the only one who has everything turned in and have not received an "application complete" email? I had no idea until one of the posts earlier that we were supposed to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine also does not say confirmed and I haven't received an "application complete" email. Did you ever contact Yale about this? 

Guest GoyaHoya69

To those who have already interviewed at Yale, did they seem to have a preference for calling the profession "physician assistant" or "physician associate"? just curious.

Anyone else interviewing on November 1st? Received email invitation yesterday.

Submitted supplemental to Yale: 08/27/2016

Supplemental "confirmed" status on supplemental website: 09/11/2016

Received email from Yale that my application was complete: 09/26/2016

Interview invitation: 10/18/2016

Interview date: 11/01/2016

@sheasmith, as you can see there were some strange gaps in my timeline. I did contact Yale about it but never heard back. So I am not sure why there is such a wide gap between when I submitted supplemental vs. site saying it was "confirmed" vs. Yale emailing me that my application was complete. Wondering why this didn't happen to others. Hope you get an email soon!! I'm guessing they just got behind and I would try your best to not stress about it and trust it is in line for review!

I never got an "application complete" email either. Should I email them and ask?

I emailed them as I had never heard back, and they replied saying the got everything. I wouldn't worry about it, but you can email them if it will set your mind at ease.

Congrats on the acceptance! Just out of curiosity, when was your interview? 

I was part of the first interview group, so on October 4th! I was very surprised I received a phone call so soon afterwards, because they told us we would most likely have to wait till everyone had interviewed. 

Archived