2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe there is one more interview date 4/25 according to TUCPA2019. I'm sure you'll begin to hear back after that. Two and a half weeks! Good luck everyone!!

It also seems that there is a tentative date on June 5th. This date was just added to our calendar not too long ago, so it seems that they are still trying to interview some more people.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an interview tomorrow, anyone else get less than 5 days notice? Any advice for the interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi doctrent54,

I interviewed on 4/4/17 and was notified the Thursday before of the interview. Was literally 5 days but I felt ok. Have you heard back yet?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had my interview on 2/28 and received a call yesterday afternoon about my acceptance for Class of 2020! Good luck everyone!

Hi elleaie,

Did you also get a letter in the mail or was it just a phone call from the committee? I'm trying to figure out how one finds out whether they're accepted. Ms. Landel stated accepted students would receive a large envelope so I wasn't sure of that is what I should look out for, or a phone call or email.

Hi elleaie,

Did you also get a letter in the mail or was it just a phone call from the committee? I'm trying to figure out how one finds out whether they're accepted. Ms. Landel stated accepted students would receive a large envelope so I wasn't sure of that is what I should look out for, or a phone call or email.

Hello- I received a call and then a few days later the envelope in the mail. Hope this helps!

Hello- I received a call and then a few days later the envelope in the mail. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your response. It seems you heard back a week and a half or so after your interview. Wow Congrats! I interviewed April 4th so hoping for the best outcome. Thanks again!

Does anyone know if the committee makes a decision right after interviews or do they wait to see where one is based on the interview scores and go from there and decide whether one is on the waitlist? Or do they wait until the last few interviews are over? How soon after the interview, did those accepted or those on the wait list find out they were in or alternates? I've seen some find out in as little as a week and a half.

Does anyone know if the committee makes a decision right after interviews or do they wait to see where one is based on the interview scores and go from there and decide whether one is on the waitlist? Or do they wait until the last few interviews are over? How soon after the interview, did those accepted or those on the wait list find out they were in or alternates? I've seen some find out in as little as a week and a half.

Yes, I interviewed 2/28, received a call 3/10 and the letter in the mail 3/13. I believe the committee meets right after the interview date and makes their decisions right after, not 100% sure though. I know how anxious you must feel! Goodluck!

Anyone else interviewing on the 25th?? Any advise from people that have already interviewed?

I would read what elleaie said in the previous page, sums it all up! Most importantly and I know everyone says this, but really try to relax, be yourself, and remember why you want to be a PA, what a PA is, and why PH is important to you. Other than that, there's no real way of preparing. Everyone is so nice and welcoming, so relax and enjoy! Goodluck!

Congrats on the interview. I am still hoping to hear something :(. When did you get your invite? Good luck on your interview!!

Thank you!! I actually was invited to the 4/4 interview initially but they were kind enough to move my date b/c I was leaving the country the following morning.

Good luck to you! From prior posts it sounds like they may have another interview date next month so hopefully you're on the list!

I would read what elleaie said in the previous page, sums it all up! Most importantly and I know everyone says this, but really try to relax, be yourself, and remember why you want to be a PA, what a PA is, and why PH is important to you. Other than that, there's no real way of preparing. Everyone is so nice and welcoming, so relax and enjoy! Goodluck!

Sounds awesome! Thank you! I'm very excited :)

For last year, I was notified via email one week after that I was on the waitlist. I received a call roughly 3 weeks after for a seat and received the letter a week after that call. Hope this helps! The faculty have been very busy this month, so please be patient if you have not heard back yet. It has been a very busy month since we're towards the end of the semester.

For last year, I was notified via email one week after that I was on the waitlist. I received a call roughly 3 weeks after for a seat and received the letter a week after that call. Hope this helps! The faculty have been very busy this month, so please be patient if you have not heard back yet. It has been a very busy month since we're towards the end of the semester.

Hey, what place were you at on the waitlist? High, medium or low?

I've heard of people getting in at the medium level, but not sure at the low level? I'm a low alternate..

I've heard of people getting in at the medium level, but not sure at the low level? I'm a low alternate..

I was medium. I think only one person in our class was from the high waitlist and I don't think I know anyone that was from the low waitlist.

I was medium. I think only one person in our class was from the high waitlist and I don't think I know anyone that was from the low waitlist.

Do they pick certain people from the high, medium, or low? Or are the students picked numerically in order? And then they move on to the next one if the prior student declined?

Hi @mtorr_ca,

When did you interview and when find out you were on the low waitlist?

Thanks

Do they pick certain people from the high, medium, or low? Or are the students picked numerically in order? And then they move on to the next one if the prior student declined?

It would make sense to have the students lined up numerically for the waitlist. I know quite a few people in our class that were on the waitlist, but it really depends on each class and who decides to place a deposit. Remember that anything can happen. For example, if a student places a deposit and fails to show up to orientation, that spot would be open to the person next on the waiting list. Hope this helps a bit! Good luck!

Yes, the MMI questions were definitely challenging! Honestly, after the 4th or 5th one I kind of blacked out and I don't even remember what I said. Haha But in a way I think that's the purpose of that style of interviewing. They want to catch you off guard. They want to see your critical thinking thought process in play under pressure. And it's inevitable to think back on some of your responses and think "dang, why didn't I say this" or "I have such a better example of that". 

Archived