2016-2017 application cycle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! Received my acceptance call last week! So excited to meet you all! Has anyone received the email with more information yet?

-McKenzie

Hi McKenzie,

I have not received an email yet, just the phone call. I called and left a message with Dawn to pay my deposit and am awaiting a return call. Congrats on the acceptance! I look forward to meeting you!

Best,

Meghan

Congratulations to all that have been accepted! I have my interview on 2/11, and was wondering if the other interviews had a meet and greet with the current students the night before, and if so when they notified you? Im very much looking forward to the interview from what others have said. Thanks in advance for any information!

I also am interviewing on 2/11 and haven't heard anything about a pizza social the night before.

there's a pizza night for sure. If you've gotten an interview you are invited. Hope to meet some of you guys then! Good luck everyone!

Hello!

I applied to Samuel Merritt in August and received confirmation shortly after. Since then, I have not received any additional emails and I have avoided emailing the school since it says not to on the website. I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be additional interviews. I am still very eager to attend Samuel Merritt for my PA education. 

Hello!

I applied to Samuel Merritt in August and received confirmation shortly after. Since then, I have not received any additional emails and I have avoided emailing the school since it says not to on the website. I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be additional interviews. I am still very eager to attend Samuel Merritt for my PA education. 

I am in the same boat! I haven't heard anything yet. 

Interviewed on February 4th, and received a phone call last night (Feb 13th) around 8pm from the program director with some good news.

It's a funny story. I was at work helping an older male patient stand to urinate into a urinal when my phone started to vibrate. I've been answering every single phone call since I interviewed, and was ecstatic when Dr. DeRosa was on the other line. That patient must have thought I was so excited about him voiding his bladder.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Interviewed on February 4th, and received a phone call last night (Feb 13th) around 8pm from the program director with some good news.

It's a funny story. I was at work helping an older male patient stand to urinate into a urinal when my phone started to vibrate. I've been answering every single phone call since I interviewed, and was ecstatic when Dr. DeRosa was on the other line. That patient must have thought I was so excited about him voiding his bladder.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Congratulations. I heard the interview was long at SMU. I cancelled mine because I got accepted to a local school. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello!

When I interviewed on 2/11 they didn't mention anymore interview dates but you never know! They might need to see if they found their 44 or not from the the last 3 interviews and go from there.

Hi everyone,

The disappointing truth is that there were only 3 interview dates scheduled this year. It's time intensive for the faculty and students to host interview dates, and the 4th interview date last year was directly due to CASPA technical complications. If you truly want to become a PA, you should continue applying every year until you get in.

For those who spent months or years struggling to construct the best PA school application, keep applying. Take a deep breath. Focus on next year. Use everything you learned from last year to be a better applicant. Do not let the application process take over your life.

Checking these forums every day for news and updates WILL drive you crazy.

Congratulations to everyone that had the opportunity to interview. Congratulations to everyone that gets accepted. You should know their decision by March 1st. If you get in, or wait-listed, please join the Facebook group.

Hi everyone,

The disappointing truth is that there were only 3 interview dates scheduled this year. It's time intensive for the faculty and students to host interview dates, and the 4th interview date last year was directly due to CASPA technical complications. If you truly want to become a PA, you should continue applying every year until you get in.

For those who spent months or years struggling to construct the best PA school application, keep applying. Take a deep breath. Focus on next year. Use everything you learned from last year to be a better applicant. Do not let the application process take over your life.

Checking these forums every day for news and updates WILL drive you crazy.

Congratulations to everyone that had the opportunity to interview. Congratulations to everyone that gets accepted. You should know their decision by March 1st. If you get in, or wait-listed, please join the Facebook group.

Is there, in fact, a Facebook group started for the accepted students for this year? If so, would you mind linking it here?

Has anyone who got a call last week received the confirmation email yet? I got a call on Tuesday offering admision but have yet to receive the email and I am getting a little nervous...

Hi Katie, 

I am assuming that we will receive "official" notice after they extend offers to everyone. At this point, I have not received anything nor have any of our other early acceptance classmates that I have spoken with. If you are on Facebook, join the group put together by Ben: Samuel Merritt University PA Class of 2019. I fully understand the being nervous...I too am really anxious to secure my seat with a deposit. I called and left a message with Dawn on 2/7, and am awaiting a return call. I am sure they are super busy with making decisions and notifying candidates and we will receive correspondence closer to the March 1st notification date. Congrats on the acceptance and I look forward to meeting you! 

Best,

Meghan

Archived