2016-2017 application cycle

Hey guys! First year here! I remember submitting my CASPA for SMU right on the deadline (don't be like me!) and I ended up getting my interview invite 2 days before the first interview date in January (and without hearing anything from Admissions from the months of October-January other than receipt of my CASPA). I know waiting in the dark can be agonizing so feel free to post any general questions you have on here till then and I'll try to answer whenever I am procrastinating studying for our first round of midterms. Good luck to you all!Hi there

Hi there vidbala,

Do you mind sharing your stats? Thank you!!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they always have a requirement for the bachelors to be complete at the time of the application ? I looked back in july when I applied and at that time it only stated that pre recs had to be complete so I submitted unless I just missed something. Anyone have more information on this ?

When I applied, the recs were different...no Bachellor's required until May after interviews were over.  We were even allowed to be taking one prereq during the semester prior to beginning school.  I think it has changed, and I'm not sure why. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those of you in the Bay area, there is an upcoming talk at SMU that is open to the public.

It's by a widely-recognized anthropology professor named Joe Dumit who wrote a great book (an ethnography) on the pharmaceutical industry. 

I am trying to make sure it is well-attended, since I invited him and amazingly he accepted :)  It's the kind of stuff that any healthcare provider should hear and think about.

You can check out the book blurb here:

http://dumit.net/drugs-for-life/

The details are:

Thurs, 11/10 at 12pm

HEC room 312

400 Hawthorne Ave, Oakland, CA

For those of you in the Bay area, there is an upcoming talk at SMU that is open to the public.

It's by a widely-recognized anthropology professor named Joe Dumit who wrote a great book (an ethnography) on the pharmaceutical industry. 

I am trying to make sure it is well-attended, since I invited him and amazingly he accepted :)  It's the kind of stuff that any healthcare provider should hear and think about.

You can check out the book blurb here:

http://dumit.net/drugs-for-life/

The details are:

Thurs, 11/10 at 12pm

HEC room 312

400 Hawthorne Ave, Oakland, CA

I'm in Ohio and I wish I can go to this talk. So excited that SMU are holding these kind of discussions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived