• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Miggy24! Waaahhhh! :( The last 2 weeks have been brutal. I've probably checked my e-mail 100X a day and I can't do that for another 2+ weeks! I have classes to help keep me busy and distracted, but I'm going to lose my mind! lol. Please CDU send me the rejection e-mail already, so I can move on. Pretty please! haha.

I looked at last year's thread and this time last year applicants were getting waitlisted. Not sure if it will be the case this year. We shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

Received email notification that I've been placed on the alternate list. Congrats to all accepted applicants!!i

I was placed on alternate list too. You have to pay $155 though within 5 days to register for the waitlist. Did you get that email? That seems unreasonable. I don't want to pay if I'm not in the class yet.

I was placed on alternate list too. You have to pay $155 though within 5 days to register for the waitlist. Did you get that email? That seems unreasonable. I don't want to pay if I'm not in the class yet.

That's ridiculous, this school seems fishy more and more... most have received no communication from them what so ever... and to ask for a deposit to be put on a waitlist without a guarantee of getting in... that's crazy. 

I actually have not gotten that email yet and I did confirm. That does seem a little odd especially without giving us other information like how many people are on the alt list...

I'm assuming you guys confirmed and then got a subsequent email regarding the deposit?

That's ridiculous, this school seems fishy more and more... most have received no communication from them what so ever... and to ask for a deposit to be put on a waitlist without a guarantee of getting in... that's crazy. 

I really don't think it's that ridiculous. Because 1. CDU isn't the only program that does this. 2. CDU is a newer program (Accreditation-Provisional), thus their yield ratio of students, both accepted and waitlisted, isn't going to be as high as programs that are already established. I'm sure CDU, like every other PA school, hates waitlists just as much as the applicants do. They all want to get their class squared away and seated and move on, but for a lot students offered acceptance or placed on the waitlist, this really isn't their top choice and putting down a deposit is the best way to weed out those that aren't serious about attending their program because they were accepted or waitlisted at a different program that they want to attend more. 

Side note, most programs, don't rank students on the waitlist because they don't the view the list in that way. A lot of programs want a class that have a diverse background as a whole (especially CDU). Maybe an international student declined their acceptance, so a program may want to fill that spot with a student with a similar background, even if their GPA or interview isn't as stellar as other applicants on the waitlist. 

I really don't think it's that ridiculous. Because 1. CDU isn't the only program that does this. 2. CDU is a newer program (Accreditation-Provisional), thus their yield ratio of students, both accepted and waitlisted, isn't going to be as high as programs that are already established. I'm sure CDU, like every other PA school, hates waitlists just as much as the applicants do. They all want to get their class squared away and seated and move on, but for a lot students offered acceptance or placed on the waitlist, this really isn't their top choice and putting down a deposit is the best way to weed out those that aren't serious about attending their program because they were accepted or waitlisted at a different program that they want to attend more. 

Side note, most programs, don't rank students on the waitlist because they don't the view the list in that way. A lot of programs want a class that have a diverse background as a whole (especially CDU). Maybe an international student declined their acceptance, so a program may want to fill that spot with a student with a similar background, even if their GPA or interview isn't as stellar as other applicants on the waitlist. 

Do you work for the University by any chance? What other programs charge a waitlist fee? 

I actually have not gotten that email yet and I did confirm. That does seem a little odd especially without giving us other information like how many people are on the alt list...

I'm assuming you guys confirmed and then got a subsequent email regarding the deposit?

Was there a deadline you chose to hear back for the final decision after being on the wait list?

I just wanted to clarify that the $155 requirement is not a deposit to be put onto the waitlist. The $155 is to pay for castlebranch which is a outside company made to help do background and drug checks  and immunization records for PA schools. Usually after you get accepted from a PA program, they'll send you an email to fill out all the information for castlebranch and then perform the comprehensive background check. It looks like CDU is trying to make sure whoever they pull out from the waitlist is ready to start the program whenever a spot is open. So far from what I know, there is no deposit necessary to be in the waitlist. However, the downside is you do have to be enrolled in castlebranch to stay on the waitlist. 

Archived