• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did you receive an interview invite today, 9/10?? When was your app verified? Also congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I received an interview invite today (9/10) for November 19th.  My app was verified on 7/18/16.  Drew sent me an email on 7/22/16 saying they received my app.  Thank you

Sorry, I received an interview invite today (9/10) for November 19th. My app was verified on 7/18/16. Drew sent me an email on 7/22/16 saying they received my app. Thank you

congrats that's awesome! Would you mind sharing your stats? I was verified around the same time and haven't heard back. Just wanna get a feel for wether or not I should be expecting a rejection or an interview!

congrats that's awesome! Would you mind sharing your stats? I was verified around the same time and haven't heard back. Just wanna get a feel for wether or not I should be expecting a rejection or an interview!

Undergrad Ed School: Cal State University Dominguez Hills

Major: Applied Studies w/ minor in communication

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.50

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.10 

Graduate Ed School: (if applicable) N/A

Cumulative Graduate GPA: (if applicable) N/A

Science Graduate GPA: (if applicable) N/A

Age at application time : 39

GRE: Verbal: 142, Quant: 145, Analytical: 4.5

Direct Patient Care : Respiratory Therapist.  19 years experience.  Over 25k hours of direct patient care experience

Other activities: N/A 

PA Shadowing- 16 hours.  

Schools Applied: USC, Loma Linda, Cal Baptist, Marshall B. Ketchum, SCUHS, Western University, Charles Drew

Application Mailed- 07/08/16. Verified 7/18/16

Schools Received Application Date: 

Interview Invites: Western U & Charles Drew

Denied:  

Withdraw Application:  

Waitlisted:  

Accepted:   

Attending:  

Attempt:  third year applying to all Western.  Took me a long time to increase science GPA.

Thanks again and remember to always keep a positive attitude.  Don't expect a rejection letter.  Keep a look out for your "Congratulations, you have been invited for an interview" email.

Best Wishes

• 3 weeks later...

Drew is my #1 choice, makes my heart skip a beat dreaming about the acceptance letter!  Have been following and working hard toward CDU for years and was curious if anyone verified this month got an interview? 

these are my stats: 

Undergrad: UCLA 

3.0 overall - sociology

3.7 science 

...suffered thru organic chemistry and aced it just to try and qualify for CDU!

10 years in business as a sales manager/account executive.. changed all that to accumulate HCHours...

HCE: 1500 EMT-B out of Compton IFT/911

1000 hours @ UCLA RRH  & SMH as a volunteer

800 hours Respite care giver

700 hours geriatric care giver

feeling really anxious and hopeful! 

I submitted way back in July and also haven't heard anything. Apparently they participate in rolling admissions, but judging from this thread alone, it doesn't seem like too many people got invites. Hoping things start speeding up soon.

I haven't heard anything either, my friend who submitted about 2 weeks ago already has an interview with them. Not sure what the deal is. 

I have withdrawn my interview invite for 10/15. I hope they can fill the seat for someone else before the date!

Also for a timeline, I submitted my application on June 13th, got a confirmation on June 18th, and offered an interview on June 30th.

Good luck to you all!

I emailed them about 5 weeks ago and received this response a few days later:

================================================================================

Dear FuturePA31,

Thank you again for your interest in the Charles R. Drew University PA Program. Your file is currently under review by the admissions committee. Our application cycle does not close until January 2017. The admission committee will continue to review applicants through January.

We will be accepting 26 students into our new class beginning August 2017.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and thank you for considering Charles R. Drew University.

Best of luck during the application process!

======================================================================================

I think this e-mail was prompted AFTER I sent Charles Drew an e-mail. I have a feeling I would not have received this email had I not sent an inquiry about my application. Up to this date, I have not heard from CDU. Knowing the program will only accept VERY few students from a large pool, I am getting very worried at this point. If Drew already has decided to put me on their rejection list, I am hoping I get a rejection email sooner than later.

Crossing my fingers to all of us on the limbo that we hear SOMETHING soon!

Archived