• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#221 John_1995

John_1995

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

That's ridiculous, this school seems fishy more and more... most have received no communication from them what so ever... and to ask for a deposit to be put on a waitlist without a guarantee of getting in... that's crazy. 

I really don't think it's that ridiculous. Because 1. CDU isn't the only program that does this. 2. CDU is a newer program (Accreditation-Provisional), thus their yield ratio of students, both accepted and waitlisted, isn't going to be as high as programs that are already established. I'm sure CDU, like every other PA school, hates waitlists just as much as the applicants do. They all want to get their class squared away and seated and move on, but for a lot students offered acceptance or placed on the waitlist, this really isn't their top choice and putting down a deposit is the best way to weed out those that aren't serious about attending their program because they were accepted or waitlisted at a different program that they want to attend more. 

Side note, most programs, don't rank students on the waitlist because they don't the view the list in that way. A lot of programs want a class that have a diverse background as a whole (especially CDU). Maybe an international student declined their acceptance, so a program may want to fill that spot with a student with a similar background, even if their GPA or interview isn't as stellar as other applicants on the waitlist. 

#222 lechugaj

lechugaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

Spoke with Admissions today, they have made their final decisions. We will be notified either via email or mail.

#223 Doppio_Espresso

Doppio_Espresso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

@lechugaj: thanks for sharing. Did they say exactly when they will do so?

#224 loquat

loquat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

I really don't think it's that ridiculous. Because 1. CDU isn't the only program that does this. 2. CDU is a newer program (Accreditation-Provisional), thus their yield ratio of students, both accepted and waitlisted, isn't going to be as high as programs that are already established. I'm sure CDU, like every other PA school, hates waitlists just as much as the applicants do. They all want to get their class squared away and seated and move on, but for a lot students offered acceptance or placed on the waitlist, this really isn't their top choice and putting down a deposit is the best way to weed out those that aren't serious about attending their program because they were accepted or waitlisted at a different program that they want to attend more. 

Side note, most programs, don't rank students on the waitlist because they don't the view the list in that way. A lot of programs want a class that have a diverse background as a whole (especially CDU). Maybe an international student declined their acceptance, so a program may want to fill that spot with a student with a similar background, even if their GPA or interview isn't as stellar as other applicants on the waitlist. 

Do you work for the University by any chance? What other programs charge a waitlist fee? 

• FuturePa82 and Newbie100 like this

#225 rwee

rwee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:22 AM

I actually have not gotten that email yet and I did confirm. That does seem a little odd especially without giving us other information like how many people are on the alt list...

I'm assuming you guys confirmed and then got a subsequent email regarding the deposit?

Was there a deadline you chose to hear back for the final decision after being on the wait list?

#226 PAfuture21

PAfuture21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

That's ridiculous, this school seems fishy more and more... most have received no communication from them what so ever... and to ask for a deposit to be put on a waitlist without a guarantee of getting in... that's crazy. 

I just wanted to clarify that the $155 requirement is not a deposit to be put onto the waitlist. The $155 is to pay for castlebranch which is a outside company made to help do background and drug checks  and immunization records for PA schools. Usually after you get accepted from a PA program, they'll send you an email to fill out all the information for castlebranch and then perform the comprehensive background check. It looks like CDU is trying to make sure whoever they pull out from the waitlist is ready to start the program whenever a spot is open. So far from what I know, there is no deposit necessary to be in the waitlist. However, the downside is you do have to be enrolled in castlebranch to stay on the waitlist. 

#227 Cherryyberryy

Cherryyberryy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

I was also selected for the alternate list. I've emailed twice to confirm my placement but I haven't gotten an email back about anything. How long did it take for them to send the other email?

#228 Miggy24

Miggy24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

Was there a deadline you chose to hear back for the final decision after being on the wait list?

No, I only received the initial email inviting me to be on the alternate list. It did say some info about a "late entry option" but it was a little confusing. I figured more info would be in the next email after receipt of confirmation but I haven't heard anything back from them yet..

#229 rwee

rwee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

No, I only received the initial email inviting me to be on the alternate list. It did say some info about a "late entry option" but it was a little confusing. I figured more info would be in the next email after receipt of confirmation but I haven't heard anything back from them yet..

Did you choose the late entry option when you responded in the email?

#230 Miggy24

Miggy24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

No... It didn't really specify that we needed to or even what it meant exactly. So I just sent a confirmation email accepting my position on the alternate list. Did we need to specify??

#231 FuturePa82

FuturePa82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

I just wanted to clarify that the $155 requirement is not a deposit to be put onto the waitlist. The $155 is to pay for castlebranch which is a outside company made to help do background and drug checks  and immunization records for PA schools. Usually after you get accepted from a PA program, they'll send you an email to fill out all the information for castlebranch and then perform the comprehensive background check. It looks like CDU is trying to make sure whoever they pull out from the waitlist is ready to start the program whenever a spot is open. So far from what I know, there is no deposit necessary to be in the waitlist. However, the downside is you do have to be enrolled in castlebranch to stay on the waitlist. 

That makes better sense. 

#232 K_G_L

K_G_L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

Has this school sent out an update to those who interviewed yet? I interviewed back in December. How difficult can it be to update 120 interviewees on their status? I know schools that conduct over 400 interviews and they're still on top of things. I can't believe how unorganized and irresponsible they are.

#233 PAsnowboarder

PAsnowboarder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

Spoke with Admissions today, they have made their final decisions. We will be notified either via email or mail.

Do you happen to know if the acceptances will be sent out by mail and the rejections via email, or vice versa? Also thanks for asking!

#234 Doppio_Espresso

Doppio_Espresso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:55 AM

@K_G_L: I can understand your frustration. I also am still waiting for my final decision. What I've learned throughout this application process is that if a school really wants to admit an applicant, the school will be on top of things and have good communication with that applicant (which makes sense to me). Also, other schools are well staffed and can therefore be more up-to-date with their applicants. I feel that may not be the case for CDU. 

I do agree that they can definitely improve more on how and when they notify applicants or those who already interviewed. For example, as soon as they know they will for sure not accept someone, they should send out a notification as soon as possible. Luckily, we are almost half way through March which means only 2.5 more weeks of waiting. Crossing my fingers we all hear some news from them sooner than later. I would not be surprised if a rejection letter is on its way for me because I believe they've already sent out acceptances and waitlists.

#235 Doppio_Espresso

Doppio_Espresso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

I'm still dancing on a limbo. Hopefully this will be a better week for anyone of us that are waiting. Any news at this point is good news for me and I can move on. :)   

#236 lechugaj

lechugaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

Received my rejection letter yesterday... It ok though, I will continue taking classes and re-apply next cycle. Good luck to all of you still waiting.

#237 dell_rysk

dell_rysk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

I just emailed the program today to withdraw my admission because I was accepted to my first choice program. Hopefully someone who has been eagerly waiting for a response will be pleasantly surprised today. Good luck, everyone!  

#238 Miggy24

Miggy24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

Congrats on getting accepted to your first choice program!! And thank you for opening up a spot for one of us waitlisters! :)

#239 dell_rysk

dell_rysk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

Congrats on getting accepted to your first choice program!! And thank you for opening up a spot for one of us waitlisters! :)

Thanks, Miggy24! Best of luck to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users