Well I currently have a 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 pre-req... 3.2 science prereq.... I had 1300 hours when I applied. 30 PA shadowing hours, and 200 volunteer. My course of action will be to up my pre-req GPAs. I'm retaking Micro, and Chem 2 (Both received C+). I will have over 3,000 hours next application round and hopefully 100 hours of PA shadowing. Volunteer should go up some too.

So suggestion would be to just polish up the application. We got interviews so clearly they like what we had previously. 

Well I currently have a 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 pre-req... 3.2 science prereq.... I had 1300 hours when I applied. 30 PA shadowing hours, and 200 volunteer. My course of action will be to up my pre-req GPAs. I'm retaking Micro, and Chem 2 (Both received C+). I will have over 3,000 hours next application round and hopefully 100 hours of PA shadowing. Volunteer should go up some too.

So suggestion would be to just polish up the application. We got interviews so clearly they like what we had previously. 

Instead of retaking chem 2, you should take organic chemistry and biochemisty and make As in them. That will look better 

I was told if you get an interview then application is good but need to work on interview... thats what worries me more

• 4 months later...

I was told if you get an interview then application is good but need to work on interview... thats what worries me more

Even if you get an interview, they want to see that you are still trying to improve all around so getting a couple of more As in upper level science classes and more PCE hours are great. As far as getting rejected post-interview, really think about how it went. Did you stutter? Talked too much? Talked too fast? Did you not actually answer your question? Do a couple mock interviews with friends or a supervisor outside of work hours.  Get their input. Maybe you sound too rehearsed.

And if your interviewing is decent, then maybe the  school you interviewed didn't think you were a good fit in their class. Nothing against you, but Adcom is trying to make a cohesive cohort that will mesh together. My advice when you reapply, apply to more schools if you can. I still got rejected to the schools I reapplied, but got into a school I applied to for the first time which is an amazing fit for my personality and goals.

Archived