South University - RICHMOND 2016-2017

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Just got an email for an invitation to interview September 9th ! After reading your comments, everybody seems to have had a positive experience with the interview and the staff ! :) 

Definitely a great group. Even though it's a new program I came away feeling confident that we'll be in good hands.

Good luck with your interview and hopefully we'll see you in January!

Received a phone call 3 days ago saying I was accepted! I'm so excited for this program!

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted thus far!

To those who did not get in/have not heard back: do NOT give up.  Remember you are good enough, it's just a tough situation out there.  Keep your head up.

To those with upcoming interviews: be yourself.  The staff is really friendly.  As much as you want to get into a program, make sure the program is a good fit for you as well.  But honestly, you can tell the staff really cares about their (future) students and will do everything in their power to help us succeed. =)

Congrats everyone, and that's great to hear! I was accepted into a developing program last cycle and unfortunately it fell through. So I am hoping things will be different this time around. It is my first group interview so I am excited for that !

Congrats everyone, and that's great to hear! I was accepted into a developing program last cycle and unfortunately it fell through. So I am hoping things will be different this time around. It is my first group interview so I am excited for that !

You mind me asking what exactly happened? Did the program not receive provisional status?

You mind me asking what exactly happened? Did the program not receive provisional status?

sure I don't mind ! they past the first round, and when it came time for the final one in April they did not get approved. They did not have enough clinical sites picked out, lacked some funding, and a few other things. The worst of all though was they kept us believing we were going to start classes in June right until the very end. A lot of us had already packed, quit our jobs, and were about ready to move there. All is well though, it was not meant to be !  

I was accepted! Can't wait to meet everyone in January! :)

Congrats! Where are you coming from? I live in the Falls Church, VA area right now, but anticipate moving there just before orientation on January 6th. I hope to find a place close to campus.

Thank you! Congrats to you too! I'll be coming from Baltimore, MD. I was thinking about moving a couple weeks before but I'm not sure.  

Congrats! Where are you coming from? I live in the Falls Church, VA area right now, but anticipate moving there just before orientation on January 6th. I hope to find a place close to campus.

• 3 weeks later...

Waitlisted from 9/9 interview. Hoping to hear some good news before January!

Also waitlisted shortly after I posted the question.  Any clue on how many are on the waitlist?  Does the waitlist consist of candidates interviewed, but not accepted?

Also waitlisted shortly after I posted the question. Any clue on how many are on the waitlist? Does the waitlist consist of candidates interviewed, but not accepted?

Not sure how many they will waitlist, but I have heard that other campuses will utilize a good amount of the list until January. And yeah, the waitlist is only people that they have interviewed and plan to accept if the class has open spots before the term starts.

Does anybody know if there was another interview session after Sept 9?  When I interviewed, Morgan said they would possibly stop interviews after the 9th.  Also, they informed us that they were interviewing a total of 105 candidates for 36 seats.  If that's the case, there should be about 70 people on the waitlist, unless some interviewed candidates were denied.

Anyone hear about the accreditation status yet? I'm hoping to meet you all in January :) I loved the program and really hope it works out!

I've been looking into this a lot recently. The last 5 years the programs that have been accredited in September have fallen on the Friday/Saturday immediately following Labor Day. That would've been last week. Additionally, I was able to find the ARC-PA meeting was held September 8th-10th, but that's all the info I have. ARC-PA hasn't updated anything yet, but I'm guessing this is likely due to all of the new applications. Hopefully we'll find out soon. 

I've been looking into this a lot recently. The last 5 years the programs that have been accredited in September have fallen on the Friday/Saturday immediately following Labor Day. That would've been last week. Additionally, I was able to find the ARC-PA meeting was held September 8th-10th, but that's all the info I have. ARC-PA hasn't updated anything yet, but I'm guessing this is likely due to all of the new applications. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

I emailed Morgan and she said we would hear the first or second week of October

Rejected 48hrs after the interview.

Sorry to hear that.  The fact that you made it to the interview says a lot. Hopefully, you'll receive better news further along in the cycle.  

Hey guys! 

I was at the very last interview that they hosted last Friday. They stated at the interview that they had interviewed 140 people for 36 spots. They also told us that we would be notified within the next three weeks ahhh! They did say that also had several people who were given a spot that had opted to give it up for various reasons and they did still have spots open. Best of luck to everyone! 

Archived