2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey ya'll, Congrats to whomever has been accepted already, we look forward to seeing ya,ll again. We've been on break for a month so we may not have looked on here. On the topic of waitlist, I'm not trying to discourage anyone but I believe in honesty. I know the faculty says 5-10 taken usually, but our class has 2 from waitlist. There may be more they just don't say, but Im pretty sure thats about it.  Not to say there won't be more this time around because you can never tell. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@alakait I'm sure you've taken a look at the department website, you'll see extra classes that you can take to get points on your application. When applying I asked myself, every week, what I was doing the following week to improve my chances of getting in. So do everything you can, every shadowing opportunity, every volunteer opportunity. You are striving to show that you are not just an academic performer, but that you are deeply committed and resilient. It's a small program, so you want to make it known that you're a team player, that you can help, and are willing to accept help from, the other 39 students in your class. Good luck!

Everyone in our class has different strengths and backgrounds in terms of both experience and academics, so we all contribute in different ways to our class. Focus on making your strengths stand out and do what you can to improve your experience and knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

I was wondering if anyone in the current class has had experience getting disability testing accommodations? The reason I ask is because I have ADHD (inattentive subtype) and have received time and a half as well as a separate testing room for all of undergrad. I am a competent student and know I will be successful as a PA, I just have a harder time focusing in a testing situation. I am afraid that this will be frowned upon in PA school or out of the ordinary, and am hoping to hear that I will not be the first person to request accommodations. Thank you. 

Archived