2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tiffanyn123 did the admission coordinator state whether or not the scoring rubric is based off of or similar to the admission requirements/prerequisites on their website?

she didn't really specify but she insinuated that some aspects may weigh more heavily than others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be a bit presumptuous on my part but do you know if they wait until everybody interviews to start giving acceptances? Or is it kind of on a rolling basis?

Rolling. There were people that had interviewed and received acceptance letters before I even got my interview invitation.

Anyone know how many interviews they are holding? I still haven't heard anything....

Pretty positive they're doing 5 interview dates this year. Last year we had three separate one on one interviews but if I'm not mistaken, this year it will be one interview with three interviewers.

Does anybody know what the minimum requirement for science GPA is? Science GPA is not mentioned on website.

My understanding is that if it is not listed during the application cycle, they cannot change it. So if it doesn't explicitly state a minimum science GPA, they can't hold you to one. Obviously, the higher the better. We had a person get in because during the application cycle it didn't state that labs were required with the science courses. This person hadn't taken the labs and was able to apply because they can't change the requirements mid cycle. They very quickly changed it as soon as the application cycle ended but it didn't apply to this person. Hope that helps.

Does anybody know when they'll start sending out interview invites for November?

I met all of the minimum requirements (including cumulative GPA), I'm a tech & I took majority of the advance science classes for their extra bonus points. I'm just worried because my cumulative & science GPA is not as high as those who already received interviews.

Does anybody know when they'll start sending out interview invites for November?

I met all of the minimum requirements (including cumulative GPA), I'm a tech & I took majority of the advance science classes for their extra bonus points. I'm just worried because my cumulative & science GPA is not as high as those who already received interviews.

Could be any time. I know it isn't helpful, but it's really just a waiting game. Also, don't forget that there are 5 interview dates this year so they could send one probably no closer than a week or two from the last interview date to allow travel planning. Don't give up hope. Good luck!

@jlindsey thanks for all your help. This may be a silly question that I am about to ask. I had already looked on the website & couldn't find the answer. But do you possibly know when the last interview date is?

Glad to help! I believe the tentative dates are 10/14, 10/21, 11/4, 11/18, and 12/9.

I feel the same way.  I have a decent science GPA and I have over 13,000 hours as a paramedic, but haven't heard anything.....

I had a great time visiting and interviewing today. For next week's and future interviewees, I know you've heard the advice to "relax and be yourself." Fortunately the current students, faculty and staff do a great job establishing a comfortable environment so they can get to know the real you! Good luck everyone, I hope you have an enjoyable experience.

Archived