Question about my work experience

I've decided to change careers, and wanted to triple check and confirm something so I don't misrepresent anything on my future application.

On CASPA there's PCE, HCE, Employment, Research, etc. I've worked for years in the pharmaceutical industry and have experience in clinical trials. Would this all be under HCE, or Research? I thought it would be under Employment, but that's for "paid work done outside of the health care field," and I would think pharmaceuticals would be in the health care field. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"EXPERIENCE CATEGORIES

In this section you should enter your professional experiences under the following categories:

Patient Care Experience

Experiences in which you are directly responsible for a patient’s care; for example: prescribing medication, performing procedures, directing a course of treatment, working on patients as an active nurse or EMT, etc.

Health Care Experience

Both paid and unpaid work in the health or a health-related field where you are not directly responsible for a patient’s care; for example, filling prescriptions, performing clerical work, delivering patient food, cleaning patient rooms, working as a scribe or hospital volunteer, etc.

Research

Research projects completed preferably in addition to or outside of regular classroom work"

From: https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/additional-information/work-and-volunteer-experience/index.html

Archived