2016-2017 Application cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also received the supplemental link today! 

According to UPAP's website: 

There is no fee for the Supplemental Application, and it will be available only to those applicants whose CASPA applications have been verified. The supplemental application and will available on Wednesday, June 1, 2016. Candidates whose CASPA applications have been verified will receive the link via e-mail within a few days of being verified by CASPA. Both applications are required in order for your application to be eligible for evaluation.

I have an old coworker who is a second year right now so if you guys have any questions I can get an inside answer. He said that Interviews aren't extended until the beginning of October for mid November. 

Diggy, what is your profile pic? It's been giving me the heebie jeebies for months. 

I got my supplemental link today. I'm going to go through last years thread but does anyone know if they send the supplemental to everyone or is it a good sign? 

As was noted by Diggy, everyone who has their application verified by CASPA and meets the program requirements gets the link to the supplemental application. 

Source: Current first year at UPAP

How do you like the program so far? I'm from out of state.

We are a 4 weeks in now and it is phenomenal. We have I think 15 people from out of state right now in our year and they all love it. The staff and instructors place a huge emphasis on every student graduating. They do not overbook the program expecting a certain percentage of failure/dropouts. 

While I am currently a MEDEX student, I did my undergrad/nursing school at UofU and cannot say enough great things about the school and hospital! Definitely a great place to apply, so good luck to everyone & feel free to message me with any questions about the area.

Caleb_jo. Man o man I wish I could do the HSCP scholarship! Unfortunetely I dont qualify because I have >30% compensation from the VA. BUT! I do qualify for voc rehab, so it looks like things may work out in the end! If I am picked for an interview at U of U, I will def. contact you regarding interview process and the schools view of veterans! 

Good to see some fellow HMs represent this cycle.. Let me know if you are interested in coming back in the Navy and getting paid that E-6 pay while in school. Good luck to all!

Availing the HSCP is part of the plan if I got accepted and Post 9/11 would not cover most of the bill. For now the focus is getting an interview and hopefully get accepted to the program.  If you would not mind, if I get an interview, if I can contact you to get some pointers for the interview process. Good everyone especially to my fellow HMs! Hoorah

I can't do HSCP either, hoping VocRehab will pay :) I'm standing by to find out (already been a month)

Myself and one other in my class (1st year) are both on Voc Rehab. 100% covered + monthly stipend. Great program, use it for sure if you can! They required us to have an acceptance letter before confirming they would pay for the school. Once I had it I was confirmed within the week.

Archived