Need advice about grad GPA

I'm changing career, and need a blunt assessment before I even begin applying. My undergrad GPA is around 3.35, for both cumulative and science. I have the appropriate HCE for select schools (Peace Corps). The problem is my MPH GPA (3.2). I was working (data analysis and biostatistics, doing it for 9 years) while attending a top 10 school. Not the smartest decision, but I had to pay the bills. This doesn't change my overall GPA, but as I've heard grad grades are considered inflated and downward trends are app killers, should I even bother applying to PA schools?

I had your gpa and got into a great program! Believe it not there are programs out there that don't just look at grades, but the whole package. While some say undergrad gpa reflects how well you'll end up doing in PA school and use that as a reason to defer people from applying (as if they personally know your whole life story) I have found this to be a wildly inaccurate way to determine success. If you are a hard worker in class, you can and will be successful! As log as you put effort into the rest of your app and you meet other application requirements, you can get into PA school.

Archived