CASPA 2016 Cycle

Congrats!! May I ask when you got verified and such? Trying to get a feel of where my chances are

Hey. So I submitted my application on the 27th of May and they were verified the 1st of June. But the longer you wait to submit, the longer it will take for verification to occur. so keep that in mine. I was called on the 6th of June and offered an interview at UB for the 17th of June

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone who was interviewed and accepted! I just got a call today for an interview. I had to turn down the 6/29 interview date because I can't take off of work so quickly. I will be interviewing on 7/8 at 9:00AM! Anyone else? Also, do you think it was a bad choice not to take the first interview slot? I'll be coming up from Baltimore, and cannot wait!

Congrats to everyone who was interviewed and accepted! I just got a call today for an interview. I had to turn down the 6/29 interview date because I can't take off of work so quickly. I will be interviewing on 7/8 at 9:00AM! Anyone else? Also, do you think it was a bad choice not to take the first interview slot? I'll be coming up from Baltimore, and cannot wait!

may I ask when you applied?

Hey. So I submitted my application on the 27th of May and they were verified the 1st of June. But the longer you wait to submit, the longer it will take for verification to occur. so keep that in mine. I was called on the 6th of June and offered an interview at UB for the 17th of June

Okay, thank you! Yeah, I submitted on the 11th verified the 14th of June so I hope that is good enough! But congrats!

Hey. I wouldn't say that you made a bad choice by not going to the first interview slot, but by doing so, you may decrease your chances of being accepted. Not trying to sound harsh, but the program offer seats each day they interview, so by picking a later date you are sacrificing your chance at those seats that wouldn't have been filled yet by going sooner. Does that make sense? so say there are 20 seats left at the 6/29 interview, so you have and decent chance at getting one. but say come the 7/8 interview, they've already filled 6 seats, well now you're down to only 14 seats. still good odds, but not as good as before.

Not saying you should forget work, or previous engagements, but it just might make your chances slimmer by going later. But best of luck to you and I hope you get accepted!

Would submitting my app tomorrow be considered late? It has already been verified, it just took some time for me to till out the supp. questions.

Its never too late to submit your app, but like i said in a previous post, they do interviews early, and offer seats at each interview. So the later you wait to apply the slimmer chance you have of being accepted. So get it in ASAP.

Hey. I wouldn't say that you made a bad choice by not going to the first interview slot, but by doing so, you may decrease your chances of being accepted. Not trying to sound harsh, but the program offer seats each day they interview, so by picking a later date you are sacrificing your chance at those seats that wouldn't have been filled yet by going sooner. Does that make sense? so say there are 20 seats left at the 6/29 interview, so you have and decent chance at getting one. but say come the 7/8 interview, they've already filled 6 seats, well now you're down to only 14 seats. still good odds, but not as good as before.

Not saying you should forget work, or previous engagements, but it just might make your chances slimmer by going later. But best of luck to you and I hope you get accepted!

Hi drape1sm, I can understand that. That's what I was afraid of when I realized that I couldn't come to the 6/29 interview. That makes me nervous...do you think they'll take it into account that I asked for a different date? I've read that it can look bad to do so. Thanks for the help, and the encouragement.

Did they call to offer interview? I have 10k+ hours as licensed sports medicine profession, 3.2 overall, 3.7 science GPA, 3.6 master's degree GPA and was verified 5/21......getting discouraged.

I am getting discouraged too, my stuff was verified May 10th. 3.34 overall and 3.18 for science GPA. And I have over 10K in hospital hours too as licensed technologist. But I am still hoping for the best. 

Got a call today! Interviewing on July 13th! Good luck to anyone else that has interviews coming up :) And if anyone has any helpful tips, they would be greatly appreciated as well. 

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm patiently waiting to hear from the school but am afraid my stats might be a little too low for what they are looking for. 

Archived