Do PA schools "superscore" multiple GRE scores?

Hi everyone,

I have been recently contemplating whether or not to retake the GRE. I was not satisfied with the first time I took it (Composite: 308; Verbal: 152; Quant: 156; Writing: 4.0). A factor that may help me decide to retake it is whether or not PA schools "superscore" multiple GRE scores. In other words, would PA schools take the highest subscore of each GRE test and make an entire new set of scores? I understand that there is no way for CASPA to do this, but has anyone had any experiences or news of PA schools superscoring the GRE?

I doubt it because it's just another thing schools would have to keep track of.  Your GRE scores are in your CASPA as is, why make more work for themselves by having to calculate and record a 'superscore'?

Plus, it would likely only bump an individual up a few points.  GRE isn't typically one of the big factors schools use to compare applicants.  It's more of a first step screening process - so they definitely aren't going to take the time to superscore everyone.  Generally if you have over a 300 you shouldn't worry too much.

Archived