LOR Advice

Hello All,

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. I had a quick inquiry for everyone. For my LOR's I am getting one from a PA I've been shadowing and one from a MD I've been scribing for. However, I feel a little challenged with my 3rd LOR. I work with a Nurse Practioner very closely at one of my jobs and was wondering how a LOR would look coming from a NP? Would that be contradictory or a nice variety of health care providers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jordan

Your LORs don't even have to be from any type of medical professional.  Be sure to check the recommendations or requirements of the programs where you are applying too.  Some may specify an employment supervisor and/or a professor.  

As for an NP specifically, that's more than acceptable.  I had an LOR from an NP.  I did NOT have one from a PA (I didn't know any PA well enough, nor they me, to have a good LOR from one).  Look at it this way, if you've worked with an NP and know more about what they do, why wouldn't that reflect positively?!  

And bottom line, it's not WHO you have your provide your reference, it's WHAT they can say about you and your potential as a PA!

Archived