Think about moving to AZ....Urgent Care Center jobs?

Heya,

Just about done with Texas weather.  I was wondering for any AZ PA's what the professional climate as a PA was like in AZ and if the Urgent Care job market is healthy.  I have 22 years experience in UC and have no problem working autonomously.  I would like to be in the more milder parts of the state like Prescott etc.   Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm in Phoenix and I love it here except for this past week it's been 120 degrees out. No joke! Prescott is beautiful and it's growing a lot so great opportunities there.

I'm in urgent care at FastMed UC. We don't have location in Prescott now so I can't comment on jobs there but in Phoenix you'd get hired in a few minutes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm in Phoenix and I love it here except for this past week it's been 120 degrees out. No joke! Prescott is beautiful and it's growing a lot so great opportunities there.

I'm in urgent care at FastMed UC. We don't have location in Prescott now so I can't comment on jobs there but in Phoenix you'd get hired in a few minutes!

I just moved to the area and work in the East Valley.

I've heard very bad things about urgent care facilities in this area.

Welcome to AZ!

So I'm vines out on urgent care right now so I may not be the best judge. You have a lot of experience in UC so this may not bother you. But I've only been in UC 10 months and I am the solo provider in my clinic and my supervising doc is only available by phone. I don't like that I don't have an in house consult. You may not mind since you've had so many years experience....

I think the pay is good. We also can pick up an on call shift which pays 25$ more per hour. I can't speak for other urgent cares but Fastmed is ok. It's a large company and they want to grow quickly so I feel like they cut corners a bit and work us to death in the winter to save money by not hiring another provider.

Are you working in UC?

Welcome to AZ!

So I'm vines out on urgent care right now so I may not be the best judge. You have a lot of experience in UC so this may not bother you. But I've only been in UC 10 months and I am the solo provider in my clinic and my supervising doc is only available by phone. I don't like that I don't have an in house consult. You may not mind since you've had so many years experience....

I think the pay is good. We also can pick up an on call shift which pays 25$ more per hour. I can't speak for other urgent cares but Fastmed is ok. It's a large company and they want to grow quickly so I feel like they cut corners a bit and work us to death in the winter to save money by not hiring another provider.

Are you working in UC?

Hey I'm not sure you're responding to me, but, if so, I don't have any experience in UC. I did interview with a few places, but was turned off by the fact that I would be completely alone without any help at all (or even people that I could be friendly with).

I ended up joining an IM group that I really liked. I will let you know how it is in about 6 months, but so far so good.

Archived