Entering in colleges attended simple question

I called CASPA today to ask this question.  The guy told me to put the month the semester STARTED.  

I ran into a problem doing this for one school because I only took classes there one semester (Spring), and I got an error message stating that the starting and ending month can't be the same.  He said to me, "If that happens, just put February for the ending semester.  It doesn't really matter so much, it's just more to confirm that the right semester was clicked."

Hope that helps.

EDIT:  Now that I look at it after-the-fact, it looks like it would make more sense to put the month the semester ended, because, for example, it says I attended a school from August 2007 to January 2010.  Well, I graduated in May 2010, so putting the month the semester started appears deceiving.  However, the person on the phone definitely said "The month the semester started," and I repeated it back to him a couple times to be sure.  I don't know if anyone else has heard differently?  

Archived