Hi everybody, 

At my university, I have to take a human/mammalian physiology class as one of the requirements for a Molecular Cell Bio major. Without realizing that I had to take that class (because I was being stupid and not double checking), I enrolled myself into a regular Human Physiology class (for PA school) and am currently getting a C. I know for sure that I would eventually have to take the Human/Mammalian Physiology course that is required.

1. Would PA schools consider the Human/Mammalian Physiology course as a Physiology class? Or is it strictly suppose to be focused on human Physio only?

2. Let's say that I did better in the Human/Mammalian Physio course, would PA schools disregard the C that I had received in the prior course?

Thank you so much! :)

• Administrator

1. Varies by school, but many of them strongly prefer if not outright require human A&P. Whether human/mammalian counts will be up to each school.

2. It all averages in anyways, they will see all the grades, and the C (assuming you get one) will factor into your Biology, BCP, and sGPA scores.  I would do everything possible to bring that up to at least a B.

Archived