2016-2017 Application Cycle -- UC Davis

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone

I also got the confirmation email.  And I also freaked out at first thinking oh no!  Then glee to know it was just telling me the app will be reviewed.  I hope it work out for everyone.  Good Luck.

Btw I am a Sacramento native and UCD Alumni, Im excited.  

Hello Everyone

I also got the confirmation email.  And I also freaked out at first thinking oh no!  Then glee to know it was just telling me the app will be reviewed.  I hope it work out for everyone.  Good Luck.

Btw I am a Sacramento native and UCD Alumni, Im excited.  

Hi there. I am also a Sac native and UCD Alumni. Hopefully we will be interviewed together. Do you mind sharing your stat?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends!

I expect some (hopefully all) of you will be getting interview dates sometime soon.  Our class president has the dates and promised to get them to me (over a week ago, c'mon man) so we can get some lodging for y'all and some meet and greets going on.  I'm sure none of us have spare bedrooms to offer to you, but several of us have couches where you can crash the night before.  When we came for an interview, the night before each one, the previous year hosted a meet and greet with current first years to welcome y'all.  These will be unofficial, informal, and have nothing to do with you getting in or not.  While I'm still trying to figure out exactly where to hold them, they'll likely be at local restaurants where they serve food so you can hide behind a pizza and beer so you can build up the courage to interact with people you haven't met before (what a novel concept!).  Or board games (hi I'm a nerd).

As you're getting closer to potential interview dates, feel free to shoot any questions off and I'll either try to answer them or take them to our facebook group (the most efficient method of communication) to put them to the class for a response.

Trust me, I understand just about every feeling you're going through right now and we want you to enjoy this as much as possible.  You want to go here.  Promise.

--Phil

HI 

Hi friends!

I expect some (hopefully all) of you will be getting interview dates sometime soon.  Our class president has the dates and promised to get them to me (over a week ago, c'mon man) so we can get some lodging for y'all and some meet and greets going on.  I'm sure none of us have spare bedrooms to offer to you, but several of us have couches where you can crash the night before.  When we came for an interview, the night before each one, the previous year hosted a meet and greet with current first years to welcome y'all.  These will be unofficial, informal, and have nothing to do with you getting in or not.  While I'm still trying to figure out exactly where to hold them, they'll likely be at local restaurants where they serve food so you can hide behind a pizza and beer so you can build up the courage to interact with people you haven't met before (what a novel concept!).  Or board games (hi I'm a nerd).

As you're getting closer to potential interview dates, feel free to shoot any questions off and I'll either try to answer them or take them to our facebook group (the most efficient method of communication) to put them to the class for a response.

Trust me, I understand just about every feeling you're going through right now and we want you to enjoy this as much as possible.  You want to go here.  Promise.

--Phil

Hi, Phil!

Thanks for the heads up, definitely looking forward to hearing back from UCD. Would you mind posting your stats and your background info (PCH, healthcare experience)? I feel like a strong candidate for this program and I am a fellow UC alum (UCSD) so would love to go here. I have a friend who is in her first year of the program and she loves it so far.

Hi friends!

--Phil

Thank you for the info Phil. You sound wonderful. I am holding my breath for UCD's invitation. Hopefully I will get to meet and hang out with your class. Hope your Pharm exam went well. =)

HI 

Hi, Phil!

Thanks for the heads up, definitely looking forward to hearing back from UCD. Would you mind posting your stats and your background info (PCH, healthcare experience)? I feel like a strong candidate for this program and I am a fellow UC alum (UCSD) so would love to go here. I have a friend who is in her first year of the program and she loves it so far.

Oh lord I cannot remember my stats at all.  I can tell you that my science GPA was somewhere around 3.8 and my overalls were something like 3.6.  GRE was 80-90% but I cannot remember what the actual number was.  Honestly that stuff doesn't mean jack shit.  Everyone applying is going to have comparable numbers and they really don't reveal much about who you are nor your fit for graduate school.  It's all in the prior experience and the personal statement.

My prior experience was BSc Biology, AAS Nursing, MSN Nursing as an APRN.  About eight years as an Emergency RN with the two years prior to that as a CPT and a clinical assistant in a family practice office.

Honestly one of the reasons I was drawn to UC Davis is that they focus less on how you look on paper (numbers) compared to the kind of person you seem to be through your experience and statement.  Really, once you get to the interview you're basically almost in.  You just have to tip yourself over the edge by being a genuine person.  And we are all glad your friend is here too.

--Phil

I just received an email to schedule for the candidate visit day! There are five different dates, would it be best to schedule for the closest date or a day that I will be free? I have work on one day but I can make myself available. Im just nervous and am worried haha

Nevermind! I scheduled for the 28th! So excited :)

Archived