2016-2017 Application Cycle -- UC Davis

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

Hey guys, I am starting up this summer at UC Davis (class of 2020) and wanted to ask you guys about rotations. Are all the rotations within the sacramento area? I have a family and was hoping that I wouldn't have to move during the rotation period. Any comments and feedback would be great. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2016 at 8:32 PM, flghtychck said:

I applied on the last cycle. The first contact they sent to anyone was an email at the end of August to let us know that they received our applications. In the middle of September they started contacting people to come for a tour/interview for mid October. (I did not get an invite for that). On the 30th of October they sent out invitations to fill out secondary applications and rejections. (I did get an invite for this). The secondary applications were due on December 1st. One of the contacts from the school said that they would be making their decisions by February or March. They sent out acceptances, wait list invites and rejections on December 11th. I was accepted as a wait list candidate. The only thing the letter said was that we needed to email them to accept the wait list spot and that the wait list was active until the 30th of June, 2016. It didn't directly say it in the email, but it was implied that there would be no further contact from the school unless it was to invite you to enroll.

One of the current students I talked to said that they lost 20 of the 60 students that were in his cohort right after the white coat ceremony. ? That really upset me, because I am sure there were at least 20 people on that wait list that would have given anything to have one of those spots. I think that they could cut down on things like this if they had a seat deposit. I don't understand why someone would purposefully take a seat that they had no intention of keeping.

I know that was more than you asked, but I figured I would cover all the bases.

Hello,

I am wondering if any current UCD PA students could share their experience of the program?  

I spent my first year of undergrad at UCD and ended up transferring out my second year due to feeling overwhelmed and lost in a large school.  I am concerned that may be the case for me again with their PA Program and would appreciate any insight on someone’s personal experience as a program attendee.  

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Lindsay

Archived