Accepted Students January 2017 Start

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I have an interview this coming thursday for a spot starting in January 2017. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how your individual interviews went and how the group activity was set up? I'd really appreciate the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Albany operates a little differently.  They used to pull from two cycles of CASPA because of their January start date.  So for the class that started this January 2016 they pulled candidates from CASPA 2014 and then started interviewing some from CASPA 2015.  I applied in July 2015.  I was invited to interview but only for the waitlist as they had filled up their class already.  I heard that CASPA was no longer going to allow them to pull from two cycles anymore so what they did was decide to accept those whom they didn't have room for last year so they wouldn't have to scramble to fill an entire class by next January.  I was offered a spot for Jan. 2017 because I was put on the waitlist for Jan. 2016.  This is why you will see some people on here were already accepted.  So don't worry.  I'm sure they still have plenty of spots to fill.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you tell me the statistics you had in order to apply? In terms of healthcare hours, science GPA, overall GPA? I am debating whether or not to apply because I dont know if I will have a good chance, but the program seems good! Please let me know. Thank you! Also,  i will be taking my gres August 15th - so if i do apply, should I apply after that or will it be too late?

• 2 weeks later...

I have an interview scheduled for September 1st. I asked about other interview dates because I'll be in Texas until then and wasn't sure if they were doing monthly interviews or all in one week etc. The lady said the only other interview date they have is Sept 21st  and they might have very few spots to fill by that point. She encouraged me to make the Sept 1st date or otherwise I might forfeit my potential spot to someone else unintentionally. My stats are as followed:

22 years old

1900+ PHC

3.57 cumulative

3.43 science

GRE Cumulative of 311 (155 Verbal, 156 Quant, 4.5 Analytical) (Respective Percentiles: 68%, 63%, 83%)

Honors College Graduate

Sorority Sister

Rho Gamma

Year of Research/Analytical Paper Writing

72 hours of shadowing

Around 400 hrs of health care volunteering

Lab Assistant for Gross Anatomy

Couple conferences and scholarships

CASPA verified July 27th. 

If you are interested in the Winter 2017 start date then I would wait just because of what the office told me about the Sept 21st interview date and there being a possibility of very few spots still available. I got my offer for an interview yesterday by mail (seriously wasn't expecting it and am SUPER EXCITED). I'm not accepted yet, but I figured this info can help you decide if you wish to spend the money and still apply. Either way, good luck to you! 

• 2 months later...

Archived