2016-2017 application cycle!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey I have a question guys! PLEASE HELP 

I just started my supplemental application, and one of the questions is :

Please describe your involvement in any type of community service (non-medical or medical). Please limit your answer to one single-spaced page.web_required_cascade.png

I was wondering if we are supposed to write an essay or just make a list and describing the community services we have done.

Best of the luck 

Hey I have a question guys! PLEASE HELP 

I just started my supplemental application, and one of the questions is :

Please describe1 your involvement in any type of community service (non-medical or medical). Please limit your answer to one single-spaced page.web_required_cascade.png2

I was wondering if we are supposed to write an essay or just make a list and describing the community services we have done.

Best of the luck 

1 Keyword.

2 Key phrase.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where we are supposed to submit: 

It only says "electronically", so I am not sure if that means to email it to them or upload it to CASPA, and they have not responded to my email...

I had the same question and emailed western about it. It is something you will check off when you submit your secondary application. I believe it's something that is electronically submitted when you complete the secndary

I got an email saying if I am selected for an interview they will email me to schedule it, that my application has been forwarded to the Committee members. 

Really? I though Western did not have a rolling admission. I was told that they won't looks at anything until the deadline. But that's really cool that your application is moving through. Good luck. 

Guest Marina Zanzarini

Really? I though Western did not have a rolling admission. I was told that they won't looks at anything until the deadline. But that's really cool that your application is moving through. Good luck. 

Once you submit both applications (CASPA and secondary), they deem your profile complete and send it to the committee. With that in mind, they will not review the applications until past the deadline.

If you have a very high GPA and you submitted early, you may expect to hear back in early January. Otherwise, February is when the bulk of interview invitations goes out.

Hang in there!!

Unsure how to answer this question on the secondary: "Have you contacted a Physician Assistant for information?"

Is it asking if we've contacted a PA from the program to get information about Western? Or is it asking if we've contacted a PA in general, like shadowing experience?

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else have issues with the formatting for the prereq form? 

I'm trying to enter information accurately but there are some weird format restrictions.  Any help with that would be great. Thanks!

Yeah, I had some trouble as well. Some of my course names didn't fit in the boxes so I printed the worksheet out, wrote on it neatly, and then scanned it into a PDF and sent it in an email / uploaded it. Hope this helps :)

I'm a bit confused about the time line for admissions. I know the deadline isn't until Nov and they aren't rolling admissions but their FAQ says

Question 12: How and when will I know if I've been invited for an interview?

Interviews are held monthly September through February. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by email beginning August and through early February

Archived