Caq

Smrtmom- I'm taking the ER CAQ on Monday :) Good luck to you!

AND TO YOU!!! Let me know how it goes...

And EMEDPA....I read over everything. I meet the requirements now....just can't take both exams this year. I worked the local ER as many as 20-30 hours a week while working full time ortho....I was new grad, hungry to learn/hungry to earn....

If I don't current;y work ER, will I still be able to test? As long as I have a doc I worked for sign off my qualifications and meet the required hours?

AND TO YOU!!! Let me know how it goes...

And EMEDPA....I read over everything. I meet the requirements now....just can't take both exams this year. I worked the local ER as many as 20-30 hours a week while working full time ortho....I was new grad, hungry to learn/hungry to earn....

If I don't current;y work ER, will I still be able to test? As long as I have a doc I worked for sign off my qualifications and meet the required hours?

3000 hrs within 6 years and the courses and you are fine.

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to post an update.  I got my letter in December.  I did not pass the CAQ.  I was kind of shocked, but not entirely.  My list of topics I missed was exactly as expected....tumors, spine and kids.  My practice doesn't really see either of those.  I thought I had studied enough of that to get me through, but guess not.  I'm pretty upset only in the sense that I wish it had covered more general topics, less of those.  Most general ortho practices do not see those types of patients, so I would have expected the general ortho test to only have a few questions.  My test was MOSTLY those 3 topics....

I will keep studying, and try again this year.

Anyone else not pass?

• 1 year later...

Archived