• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh.....I'm excited about he mock interviews too.................but I'll be on the other side of the table this time.

Good luck to all ya'll and remember to relax and just be honest and open. So friday night sit down in front of a mirror and take a long look at yourself and be honest about who you are and why your here and it will make Saturday that much more enjoyable.

Yes, it was nice to get to know everyone... It didnt really feel like we were in competition with each other... I really liked the support that we were all giving each other:) The best of luck to everyone! Hopefully we'll all be classmates and we can carry on the camaraderie:)

Michelle D

Some links about some things we all talked about while waiting for the interviews to finish up:

This is for Nicole (sorry didn't get your contact info): http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-fetal-alcohol-20120116,0,3663215.story

For Frances/Sergio (Sorry also didn't get your contact info): http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/01/11/145035165/do-nicotine-patches-and-gum-help-smokers-quit?ps=sh_sthdl

Some links about some things we all talked about while waiting for the interviews to finish up:

For Frances/Sergio (Sorry also didn't get your contact info): http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/01/11/145035165/do-nicotine-patches-and-gum-help-smokers-quit?ps=sh_sthdl

Thanks for following up on our informal discussion on smoking cessation. :) Like I said, I've seen great success with Chantix. I'll read the article and see if it agrees with my theory that the patches and gum could be just as addicting as smoking itself.

I left you my email address on your profile. Keep in touch!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Soraya! The mock interviews were incredibly helpful and the feedback was wonderful. I learned a lot about how to prepare for an interview and about I am perceived by the interviewers. I knew I needed some guidance in this area as I have only had a few interviews in my life. Now I'm just practicing, practicing, practicing!

Okay folks we will be calling people to set up interviews. Interviews start next week. I don't have the complete schedule. We will call you. I wouldn't advise calling us it is very busy and there's probably not an answer for your question. This year we will interview Central Valley and workshop people first, then California residents, then out of state applicants. We are looking to fill 22-23 seats. Our alternate list is historically around 10. There were about 10 applications per seat, we will not interview everyone. Please wait to hear from us. That's all I can tell you at this time. Thanks.

Good luck in your PAS endeavors.

LesH

Archived