Long story short, I have a potential opportunity lined up in primary care, and so I'm considering shifting my SEMPA membership over to something more general/ more useful in terms of routine care and managing chronic issues.

Checking the AFPPA site, I see a few things that give me pause...

The "about AFPPA" page has a welcome message from the president of the group... from summer 2014.

They're planning a conference for this fall, but under "previous conferences" it reads as though they haven't held one since 2011.

Being used to SEMPA, which is really well-organized and has a professional and comprehensive Web presence, I can't help but feel like AFPPA and their site might be... I dunno. Under-funded? Under-maintained?

If I join, I want an organization to give me a good solid CME conference once a year, and lots of resources and support year-round. What has been your experience with AFPPA? What groups should I belong to, if I end up as a primary care PA? Thanks.

Archived