Are there any "travel" PAs here?

Now that I have a few years of ED experience, I'm looking to try out the traveling thing. Since I'm young and single (and no mortgage), I think within the next year would be a perfect time for me to try it out. Everyone on here recommends comphealth, but is there anyone here that travels across the US doing local tenums? I'd like to hear your thoughts, pay scale, and overall experience. I'd be giving up a great job here at a residency hospital but would be worth it to get the experience to travel around. 

I worked for VEP for about 8 years and the group is solid and well run.  They are a democratic group that allows PAs to be shareholders.  There is a PA currently sitting on their Board of Directors..almost unheard of with other groups.  The strike team concept is great for those who have the flexibility to travel around.  Most hospital sites in California, but some in Texas, Virginia, New Mexico, and a few other places.

Archived