Experience/Certification Section

Hello,

If anyone has filled out a CASPA application before, please help answer some questions.

The programs that I am applying into this April required a certain number of hours Hands On Patient Care.

What does this section look like in CASPA? More specifically, what are the things that needed to be included, for example, contact information of supervisor?

I believe I heard from someone that there is a section that you have to enter any valid certification up to date. If my hands on patient care experience was in the past and my license has since expired, do I still enter my certification information? Likewise, what information is needed in this section, for example, the certification identification number?

If you have gone through the process, can you tell me how CASPA verify the certification section?

Please kindly help.

Thank you so much!

Hi,

For this section you are required to include: 

-Type of experience (volunteer, shadowing, HCE, ect)

-Organization information (address, phone number)

-Supervisor information (name, address, phone number, email)

-Date of experience (start/end date, ect and whether its part-time,per diem, full-time)

-Experience details (Name of position, if its compensated or volunteer work, avg. # of hours worked per week, total number of weeks worked and a description of your job)

In the case of your certification question, the issue date/date it is valid until is currently optional information but that may change in the next cycle if CASPA changes it. For this section all that is really required is the name of the certificate and the organizational name.Hope this helps you out and you can get a head-start on collecting some of the required information needed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

If anyone has filled out a CASPA application before, please help answer some questions.

The programs that I am applying into this April required a certain number of hours Hands On Patient Care.

What does this section look like in CASPA? More specifically, what are the things that needed to be included, for example, contact information of supervisor?

I believe I heard from someone that there is a section that you have to enter any valid certification up to date. If my hands on patient care experience was in the past and my license has since expired, do I still enter my certification information? Likewise, what information is needed in this section, for example, the certification identification number?

If you have gone through the process, can you tell me how CASPA verify the certification section?

Please kindly help.

Thank you so much!

Some schools ask for certifications. If they do, this is added under the tab for each school individually.

There is no way for CASPA to verify your hours and no verification or proof of employment is required (or asked for) by CASPA. This is done on the honors system.

As far as licenses are concerned, if I remember correctly there is an option to say when it expires. I think it will let you put in an expired license. I didn't enter any expired ones, so I can't verify that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived