Billing/Coding CME

Does anyone have any good CME or other educational references to help me expand my knowledge of billing/coding?  I do family practice with ER/hospital coverage in a rural health facility. Clinic is my main concern as the hospital charges are all reviewed by the coders. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The easiest way to find codes is to simply google the diagnosis along w/ icd10. The most accurate website is icd10data, its the first one that pops up after searching. 

Does anyone have any good CME or other educational references to help me expand my knowledge of billing/coding?  I do family practice with ER/hospital coverage in a rural health facility. Clinic is my main concern as the hospital charges are all reviewed by the coders. Thanks!

• Administrator

The easiest way to find codes is to simply google the diagnosis along w/ icd10. The most accurate website is icd10data, its the first one that pops up after searching. 

While I second the recommendation for icd10data.com, billing is more than just coding.  While getting the right diagnosis is important, it is often more important to get the right documentation to support the maximum ethical and legal E&M code, as well as providing all the required elements of any procedure.  That's often non-intuitive.

Archived