WesternU Class of 2018: Accepted!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! I'm planning to apply this cycle for Class of 2019. For those who were accepted or waitlisted, can you share your stats like cumulative and science gpa were? I see that the minimum gpa requirement is 2.7 for science and cumulative! Any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance. 

Accepted (not wait listed)

Cumulative GPA: 3.5

Science GPA: 3.47

Hands-on Patient Care Hours: ~5,000

They said at the interview that they only invite the top ~450 applicants to interview based solely on GPA. I believe the cutoff this cycle was around a 3.4 cumulative but it can vary year to year depending on the statistics of the applicants. Best of luck!

I was accepted off the waitlist. :)

Cumulative GPA: 3.55

Science GPA: 3.34

**taking challenging science courses helps too, even if it may lower your GPA. I took Immunology, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Biochemistry

Patient Care Hours: None at time of submission, now I have about 700 because I started an ER tech job in October.

Volunteer: ~400 (this is very important to Western's admissions committee, it seems, so stay involved!)

I also worked for Housing and Residence Life at my university as a freshman hall Resident Assistant.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to PM me. :) good luck!!

• 1 month later...

Got the best news while I was away on vacation..I was trying to not think about school and enjoy my life, until I got an email at 5:00 am -- Western Europe time -- telling me that I was Accepted for the Class of 2018!!!!   Cant wait to start this awesome journey and meet you all...

I just got my acceptance email today while at work! I'm so excited to meet you all! I would appreciate it if someone would please send me the Class of 2018 Facebook link. :-) 

• 8 months later...
Guest Marina Zanzarini

I'm accepted as well!!!! I can't wait to meet you all!! Can someone please send me the fb link as well?

This is for last year's class! You can search in fb for WesternU MSPA 2019 and you will find it. If you don't, send me a message and I will DM it to you!

Archived