WesternU Class of 2018: Accepted!!

Great ones,

Hello, future class of 2018! Because interviews have officially started, I figured it'd be nice to start this thread early to keep track of the future class of 2018 as acceptances roll in! Based off of the class experience from last year, ~90% of our class received an acceptance late March; ~10% of us received an acceptance earlier than that. If the general dates have changed regarding when you will find out of your status after your interview, I am sure you will know about it during the interview orientation.

Anyway, my name is Paul, and I am the current President of the 2017 MSPA Class. I just wanted to congratulate you all for making it to this point! It has been a stressful, anxious, near 1-year journey from starting the CASPA application all the way to attending the interview, but you are here, and you have made it! PA school WILL be difficult, and PA school WILL be overwhelming, BUT...believe in yourself. You made it this far, and you will make it all the way to PA-C. PA school WILL also be very rewarding. My class and I are extremely thankful for all of the current second-year students who have guided us into the program; it is our turn now, and the 2017 Class will help guide and transition you into the awesome experience that is WesternU PA school.

We have made a Facebook group page for you to join and to get to know your future peers. First-year students are on this page as well to answer any questions that you may have and to get to know you guys. Simply reply to this thread, and one of the admins will add you to the Facebook group. With your reply, please include your name and the e-mail that you use to log into Facebook with.

Just as a disclaimer, this is a Facebook group set up by students and not an official WesternU page. Remember to be professional and respectful, and I would not recommend posting things that you would not feel comfortable having faculty or administrators see.

A mentor program was set up last year by the current second-years that we really enjoyed; we are in the process of bringing that back for this year. We will update you as it comes long!

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! I look forward to seeing you on the Facebook group and in person.

Best,

Paul

EDIT: Hello everyone! So it seems like Facebook took off the function to search people using their e-mails. If you've received an acceptance, please send me a private message through my profile on this forum instead, and I'll give you the details. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited to say I've been accepted for the class of 2018!!!! So excited to meet all of you!!

Congrats PA_2018! I received your PM and will add you to the FB group :).

I've been accepted as well! So excited to be part of this program!

@PRheePA    Email: Lda02@hotmail.com

Congratulations Daniela! I PMed you!

I have been ACCEPTED!!! Excited to meet you all! Congratulations on your acceptances!

PJ-2018PA, Congratulations! I PMed you as well!

Me too!!! 

@PRheePA    Email: kreenalg@gmail.com

kPgA, big congrats to you! I PMed you!

I'm IN!

Tyler Holm

tylerholm33@gmail.com

Tyler, congratulations! PMed you too!

I have officially been accepted! Woohoo!!! Best email of my life, I can't even believe it! Class of 2018 here we come!

Chelsea Parsoneault 

chelsea.denee@yahoo.com

Chelsea, congratulations to you! I have sent you a message as well!

Great ones,

So I've already edited my original post, but I wanted to post it here as well just in case:

Facebook took off the function to search people by their e-mails. Therefore, if you've received an acceptance, you can reply to this thread and PM me through this forum, and I'll give you the details! It's going to be a great year.

Best,

Paul

Got my acceptance email on 2/9 as well! Western was my first choice school and I'm very excited! I can't wait to meet all of you! If anyone has any tips on the best way to prepare for the upcoming year, please let me know. - Daniel M

Daniel,

Congratulations! WesternU was my first choice as well. I am confident that you will like it here. I will send you a PM for your Facebook info so that I may add you to the class page.

• 4 weeks later...

Future classmates, I received my acceptance email this morning! I am beyond excited and have been bouncing off the walls since reading the email. I appreciate all the advice and information offered on this forum and feel that it greatly helped me with my preparation and applications. Looking forward to meeting you all later this year!

Hello Class of 2018!!

I am very excited to share with you that I received an acceptance email today!!! Looking forward to meeting all of you!! How is everyone planning on preparing? 

Class of 2018, Here we come!! 

YelenaY,

Congratulations to you! Must be a real exciting feeling haha. I got your PM and will send you the link to the class page!

Future classmates, I received my acceptance email this morning! I am beyond excited and have been bouncing off the walls since reading the email. I appreciate all the advice and information offered on this forum and feel that it greatly helped me with my preparation and applications. Looking forward to meeting you all later this year!

Jayzeem,

Congratulations! I still remember how stoked I was when I received my acceptance last year as well! I will send you a PM w/ details of the class page.

Archived