Advice for the waitlisted

I know this has been addressed as a general topic, but has anyone been waitlisted at PCOM (specifically) and successfully worked your way off of it? If so, how did you do it?

I just found out that I've been waitlisted and now that I'm done licking my wounds, I've been working on my letter of intent and lining up more shadowing opportunities. I desperately want to attend but don't know how to stand out. Furthermore, they state that they do not rank or order their list. Please help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I know this has been addressed as a general topic, but has anyone been waitlisted at PCOM (specifically) and successfully worked your way off of it? If so, how did you do it?

I just found out that I've been waitlisted and now that I'm done licking my wounds, I've been working on my letter of intent and lining up more shadowing opportunities. I desperately want to attend but don't know how to stand out. Furthermore, they state that they do not rank or order their list. Please help!

I got waitlisted for class of 2019. Any advice?

I'm currently a first year and I was waitlisted last cycle. I was one of the last interviews and put a deposit down on another school. I found out about 3 months later that I was accepted off the wait list and decided to go here instead. I didn't do in anything in terms of contacting the program, I kind of just played the waiting game! I don't think anything you do now would end up changing your chances. From my understanding they will relook at all interviewees and their applications and base it on that. So I guess my advice would be to wait it out, focus on any other upcoming interviews, and hope for the best! But definitely don't count yourself out!

• 1 month later...

Pcom PA's advise is pretty on point. I would add to understand that word on the street is that PCOM had over 3K applicants for the GA campus alone (double from last year), that is a lot of competition!

And based on a complete guess, if you have no other pending applications, I would figure out what is lacking (if anything) for next year, once the stats for the 2019 class come out (posted on PCOM's website) see how you compare (if you are at or above average then perhaps it could be something about your interview, personal statement, or letters of recommendation) and apply to more schools (dont put all your eggs in one basket type of deal). Again those are all complete guesses since I have no other info other than what you posted.

Good luck!

Archived