PANCE results 2016

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all!! Can people share what study tools they feel were most helpful for the pance prep? Also, if you were using qbanks/packrats, what were you scoring prior to taking the pance? If you took the nccpa test, did your results correlate well with pance results? Thanks, and congrats again to all!

• 2 weeks later...

For about a year I watched a lot of onlinemeded videos when I had time and took notes on them (basically what he writes down on the whiteboard). Then for 5-6 weeks before the PANCE I went over my notes, used the Davis book and CD, and the Comprehensive book to read about the major sections (cardio/pulm/GI/MSK). I don't use Qbank but I was getting low 70s on Davis questions. For reference I got 130 on my first PACKRAT and 144 on my second one (no studying). With this I was able to score well into the 500s.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Taking the PANCE tomorrow. Spending today doing some deep breathing and very minimal review. I'm hoping for a merciful turn-around time on the results, since two weeks seems cruel and unusual (the nursing board gets theirs out in 48 hours and the therapist boards tell you RIGHT THERE). It still feels pretty surreal that I'm at this point...seems like just yesterday I was getting into PA school, even though I know an ocean of hard work, trials of spirit, and knowledge lies between that moment and this one. 

Archived