Failing PANRE question

Hello all.  I was talking to an old co-worker and she informed me that one of the PA's was let go since he failed his PANRE 2x.   What are the rules on PANRE in regards to failing?  How many times can you fail?  If you fail the XX amount of times then what happens?  What happens if your license expires before you pass, do you still take the PANRE if you have attempts left?

I have not taken the PANRE yet, but I can take it in 2017.   I don't plan on failing but I suspect my old co-worker didn't plan on it either.  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

This is a slight deviation from your question and perhaps unsolicited advice... but here goes:

OnlineMedEd.org is a medical education website geared towards USMLE Step 2, clerkships/wards, and Intern year residents. They have a comprehensive video series of short lectures ranging from 8 to 30 minutes that are organized by organ system and disease plus a whole series for "interns" as well as sections for surgery, psych, and pediatrics. They had a membership available for for purchase... but make no mistake, the videos are completely free! There are a total of ~235 videos at a total of about 60 hours... but you can very selectively cherrypick the topics you need for review. 

NOTE: FYI, if you watch the videos on a computer, you can watch them at 1.5x speed an shave off some serious time allowing you to cover more topics... 

Financial Disclosure: Broke PA student wishin' I had financial disclosures! ;-) I'm just sharin' the love.

This is a slight deviation from your question and perhaps unsolicited advice... but here goes:

OnlineMedEd.org is a medical education website geared towards USMLE Step 2, clerkships/wards, and Intern year residents. They have a comprehensive video series of short lectures ranging from 8 to 30 minutes that are organized by organ system and disease plus a whole series for "interns" as well as sections for surgery, psych, and pediatrics. They had a membership available for for purchase... but make no mistake, the videos are completely free! There are a total of ~235 videos at a total of about 60 hours... but you can very selectively cherrypick the topics you need for review. 

NOTE: FYI, if you watch the videos on a computer, you can watch them at 1.5x speed an shave off some serious time allowing you to cover more topics... 

Financial Disclosure: Broke PA student wishin' I had financial disclosures! ;-) I'm just sharin' the love.

Pardon the double post... I would add: If you had to do just one thing with MedEdOnline, I would watch every "intern" video twice... and maybe a third time while you sleep juuuuuust for good measure. They are seriously *THAT* good!

• 2 weeks later...

Not to derail the tread, but thank you so much for that link! I'm a PA student now, and the few videos I've watched thus far have been super helpful.  And short enough I can actually focus and pay attention the whole time :-D

Archived