Class of 2014!!

Just wanted to start a thread to initiate some contact with others who will be starting next fall. My name is Warren Starrett. I was in the morning interview on day one if you were there. I would love to start speaking with others about what options they are beginning to look at for housing next August. Congrats to all who made it and I look forward to meeting you in the fall.

Warren

Hi!!! My name is Julie Potomski and I was at the afternoon interview on Nov. 21. I haven't really thought much about living arrangements yet so I am open to any suggestions. The Summit was suggested to me at the interview but I was also told traffic was a problem. Excited to meet everyone in August!

• 1 month later...

Congratulations, everyone! I received my acceptance letter today! I am so excited to be a part of this program. I have not delved into living arrangements yet, but I am definitely looking to have roommates and live within walking distance of our building if possible. I can't wait to meet all of you!!!! We made it! UAB SPA Class of 2014!!!

Jamie, I think we sat next to each other during the orientation session! I can't imagine too many interviewees were from Utah. :) I was wearing a navy skirt suit and I'm from Tennessee. I used to be a laboratory manager at a winery in Arizona..... Anyway, I'm so glad you are going to UAB! I'm going to Birmingham next week to scope out housing. I'd certainly like to hear everyone's opinion on housing and general advice about UAB and the surrounding area, as well. I'm looking for walking distance to class, furnished, affordable, and roommates! --Amy

Has anyone thought to make a facebook group to initiate some form of communication between everyone that has been accepted? I am more than willing to do so if one has not been made already... And for those of you that paid your deposits back in December, have you heard anything yet from UAB? I saw that they cashed my check, but I have not received any information since saving my seat. I figured I wouldn't hear anything until they filled the rest of the class, but I just wanted to make sure we were in the same boat!

Julie- I haven't seen one yet. Definitely invite me: facebook.com/amydawn.

As for more information, I just received my acceptance letter this past Saturday. I sent the check Monday, and it has not been cashed yet. In the acceptance letter, it said we would be sent more detailed information about our schedule, orientation, etc as August approaches. I think the c/o 2013 students will be in touch with us as well.

Hey all,

I just requested to be part of the facebook group. I also sent in my deposit, but it has not been cashed yet. I know that they will send out more information in the mail, because I called to check on which pre-reqs I needed to finish up, and was told I would get a form in the mail covering that. So I imagine that more will be included such as schedule and orientation. Looking forward to August :)

Julie- Ooops. I didn't realize my privacy settings were set that way. I just sent a request to belong to the group as well.

crysmae48- That makes me feel better that they told you that. I need to send my transcripts from Fall 2011. I was planning to call if I hadn't heard anything before the deadline to send in my deposit (February 17th). This has been such a long process and I still can't believe I'm actually going to my #1 school! I keep having random feelings of fear that I'm going to let some requirement slip through the cracks at the last minute and lose my spot....Haha!

Archived