Does the job title of my clinical supervisor matter for a LoR?

I work as a patient care technician in a hospital and am getting prepared to ask people to write me letters of recommendation. I have two options for letters from clinical supervisors (which is a requirement from a lot of the schools I'm considering): my head charge nurse or the department nurse manager. I am confident that both would speak highly of me, but am unsure of whether a letter of recommendation from someone with a higher job title would look better or not. I work more frequently with the head charge nurse and him and I share a lot of the same hobbies. However, I do not question that our nurse manager (his boss) would also write me a solid letter of recommendation, she just doesn't work with me as often or know me quite as well as the charge nurse does.

What do I do?

I was a PCT in the hospital as well. I have great relationships with my clinicians and nurse manger. They are all RNs and I was told that they wrote excellent letters. Just think about it. Would you want a letter from some rando just bc they have a higher job title or someone who really knows you well and has a less prestigious job title (if that makes sense).

Archived