I passed the PANRE

I took the PANRE Monday and got my score back the next day. So happy to have passed! This is what I did:

-AAPA review book: it helped but was not comprehensive enough

-Physician assistant review by Patrick c. Auth: better but didn't cover everything

-UMDNJ online course: expensive..I really liked it..especially great for when I was too tired to sit and read

-question banks:

Kaplan: too detailed for me personally

datachem: probably the best for me

pa easy: liked it but bought it at the last minute and didn't spend a lot of time with it

As you see I spent a lot of money for review..I was desperate to go and get it over with in my 5th year

Congrats ... Wish I would have taken it last year ( fifth year ) as well. Took it in October and didn't pass :( will be losing my C at the end of the year and perhaps my job too !

Any topics you remember ?

I am going to the Chicago course .... Hopefully that will help !

I am so sorry to hear that. I really studied for this.I thought some of the questions were not very good. I would read the question and think I knew the answer and the answers would be completely different. I think doing the datachem questions really helped. I also did note cards. I think I would know cardiology really well and pulmonology.

I took PANRE 12/15/11 from what I hear many people get results the next day a have yet to hear anything. Does this mean I could hve failed?? im freakin out. it was intense for me this time around last time I took it was in 2005 and I did passed with 535. this time who knows???? all i know is it was exhausting like seeing 240 pts in one day ughhhh

Newbie here. I just passed my PANRE for the second time. I'm in a pretty specialized area, so I was truly terrified. I took the exam 12/15, and received my results today. I scored a 613. I studied with the UMDNJ program, and watched all the USMLE 2 videos on youtube. I didn't read anything. I took two practice exams at NCCPA.

What surprised me the most was seeing actual xray and MRI images on the exam. It never occurred to me, to refresh reading xrays.

Hopefully this info will help someone! Good luck to those who are waiting!

Newbie here. I just passed my PANRE for the second time. I'm in a pretty specialized area, so I was truly terrified. I took the exam 12/15, and received my results today. I scored a 613. I studied with the UMDNJ program, and watched all the USMLE 2 videos on youtube. I didn't read anything. I took two practice exams at NCCPA.

What surprised me the most was seeing actual xray and MRI images on the exam. It never occurred to me, to refresh reading xrays.

Hopefully this info will help someone! Good luck to those who are waiting!

Way to go! You smoked the PANRE! I also took it on 12/15 and thankfully received good results today. I was sweating bullets all weekend!:;-D:

Archived