Montefiore 40th Anniversary

• 1 month later...

I"ve been a PA for several years in an outpatient clinic. I live on Long Island and commuting to the Monte program would actually be shorter than the commute I now have. I want to move into surgery and see the Montefiore program as an awesome opportunity. I understand I will need to re-arrange much of my life schedule to accommodate the program however I have no idea what those preparations are? How long the work week will be? In addition will there be enough time to study??

Guys,

I'm currently a student, start rotations next year. How important are residencies following graduation? Can you pursue a surgical position without one, say in ortho? I'm an older student with kids, and its already killing us to have me not work while in school. I can't imagine having to go an extra year of residency without earning. Any thoughts on this?

Guys,

I'm currently a student, start rotations next year. How important are residencies following graduation? Can you pursue a surgical position without one, say in ortho? I'm an older student with kids, and its already killing us to have me not work while in school. I can't imagine having to go an extra year of residency without earning. Any thoughts on this?

Archived