HCE in the SF Bay Area?

look at urgent care centers, they often use emts interchangeably with MAs. send your CV to every ER in commuting distance of your home. look into doing field work. send your cv to every private ambulance company near you, both 911 and interfacility transfer companies.

I'm currently in the SF Bay Area, and I agree that it's hard to find meaningful hce as an EMT. However, look into other medical support positions that you can get with a medical background. There are a ton of medical assistant, PT assistant, ophthalmic tech, and other similar positions that need people- just really focus on networking and having a strong application to make up for your lack of specialized training. You need to convince people that you're worth the time to train, and that you'll benefit their organization while you accrue HCE.

Woops I meant to write that question in a different forum!

The thing is, I really want to work in emergency medicine. That's what really drew me into medicine to begin with. I am American, but my parents both come from a war torn country. I spent a lot time watching the news as a child. I spent a lot of time watching the aftermath of bombs and shootings. Seeing the ambulances drive up and the paramedics jump out to go help people is what made me want to go into medicine. I know ERs in America are very different, but I still have the same mind set. Being calm under pressure, and being able to make good judgments quickly. So what would be the best kind of HCE for me to pursue if I want ER experience?

Archived