Residency Interview!!

Hey all,

I have my first residency interview in one week! I have a good idea of what to expect but if anyone out there wants to share their experience, that would be great! Are the questions your typical "Why do you want to pursue post-graduate training in this specialty?" or are there some random ones? Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I interviewed at WakeMed for their trauma and critical care residency. Which one are you interviewing for? And GOOD LUCK!! Mine was very laid back, much more of a "get to know you and tell you about the program" rather then "interrogate you and make you nervous" kind of thing.

Hey, That's really funny you- I interviewed there as well! haha I definitely had a similar experience, everyone there seemed so genuine and interested in teaching, which was really refreshing. I was really worried it was going to be a panel interview and really stressful but thankfully it wasn't at all! Have you interviewed anywhere else? I've applied to the UMass program and am planning on going up sometime in March to interview (so hopefully it's a similar format). Best of luck to you and hopefully I'll see you there in September!

That is funny!! Well glad to hear it went well for you too! I was also glad it wasn't a panel interview! I haven't interviewed anywhere else yet but I just sent in applications for St. Luke's and Johns Hopkins. UMass looked like a great program too. Good luck with your interview there!

• 10 months later...

Hey, I was searching through the forum and looking for people that interviewed for the WakeMed residency last year. I was curious as to when you were contacted for an interview. I applied to the residency program this year and hopefully get a chance to interview there. Thank you for your help!

Archived