2012 applicants?

I've applied to one other PA school. Should both PA schools fall through, I've applied to a couple of universities for a Health Science Bachelor's. That would mean 2 years for the BSHS, but time well spent, I feel. Anything beats sitting idle.

That said, it's definitely plan(s) B(through D). My focus is on the RCC PA Program, where I hope to see all of you.

You have a good plan B through D. I wish I had a decent plan B.. I'm just going to keep applying until they get sick of seeing my name :)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoke with the PA program's secretary today in Mo Val and she said they have not finished going through all the applications yet but they should be done by end of Nov. At that time we will receive a notification that our applications were received by the program. She also said that we will find out if we got excepted by the end of Feb 2012.

Iceberg, which number did you call? It's been a month since you've called. I thought I would take the impetus to call and find out some info later today. :xD: Hopefully, they will not get aggravated by hearing from me/us.

I know it's early November, but has anyone heard anything about their applications yet?

I still haven't received the notice that my application is being reviewed, if that's what you mean. Has anyone?

I spoke with one of the PAs I work with, today. She attended the RCC program in its infancy, and still knows the faculty. She says they regularly receive upwards of 2000 applications per year. When she said that, I was fortunately able to fight off hyperventilation. But then all my hair fell out. And my cochlea burst so I wouldn't have to hear any more of that kind of news. Good thing I work in a hospital.

Does anyone know the actual statistics concerning total applicants, and average demographics for accepted applicants (GPA, HCE, locale, etc.)? Call it morbid curiosity. Maybe after reading the statistics I'll get lucky and my retinae will detach.

I know how you feel. I have over 20,000 hrs of HCE, good GPA, volunteer work, great LORs, and was waitlisted last year but didn't make it in.......yes you can make it in but those of us outside the county are at a disadvantage.

I have heard of people moving to the RCC district before applying in order to move up the tiers & improve theirs odds of getting into the program...just a thought

I still haven't received the notice that my application is being reviewed, if that's what you mean. Has anyone?

I spoke with one of the PAs I work with, today. She attended the RCC program in its infancy, and still knows the faculty. She says they regularly receive upwards of 2000 applications per year. When she said that, I was fortunately able to fight off hyperventilation. But then all my hair fell out. And my cochlea burst so I wouldn't have to hear any more of that kind of news. Good thing I work in a hospital.

Does anyone know the actual statistics concerning total applicants, and average demographics for accepted applicants (GPA, HCE, locale, etc.)? Call it morbid curiosity. Maybe after reading the statistics I'll get lucky and my retinae will detach.

Dustin, When I went up to the info session last year, our session was told there are approximately 120-150 applicants (I swear; I even have this in my notes I took) and that they will be accepting up to 40 qualified candidates for the class beginning the fall 2012.

Whenever I see figures in the thousands, my hair also falls out and I develop these annoying facial tics. Let's keep our fingers crossed, y'know...while they still function correctly.

What did you find out?

Well I already told you what I found out remember...

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by iceberg viewpost-right.png

Spoke with the PA program's secretary today in Mo Val and she said they have not finished going through all the applications yet but they should be done by end of Nov. At that time we will receive a notification that our applications were received by the program. She also said that we will find out if we got excepted by the end of Feb 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

fyrelight74, I got a new job and so the employer I put down on my app is not current. Is this something I should contact the program about to update my app with the new employer info? Do you know if the school contacts the employer on the app? Also, I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks now. I appreciate your time and input. I know your schedule must be busy. You probably do not remember me but I had a small conversation with you while waiting to get into an orientation. BTW no post card yet, hopefully tomorrow!

Hello Everyone!

fyrelight74, I got a new job and so the employer I put down on my app is not current. Is this something I should contact the program about to update my app with the new employer info? Do you know if the school contacts the employer on the app? Also, I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks now. I appreciate your time and input. I know your schedule must be busy. You probably do not remember me but I had a small conversation with you while waiting to get into an orientation. BTW no post card yet, hopefully tomorrow!

They will do a background check and that company will call your employers to verify your information, but they will do that AFTER you are accepted. It's understandable your situation may change between application time and time of acceptance, so shouldn't be a big deal. I spoke with a few people at the information session that day... which one were you? ;) Yes, finals start Friday! Yikes

They will do a background check and that company will call your employers to verify your information, but they will do that AFTER you are accepted. It's understandable your situation may change between application time and time of acceptance, so shouldn't be a big deal. I spoke with a few people at the information session that day... which one were you? ;) Yes, finals start Friday! Yikes

Thank you for the info. My name is Andrew, I was waiting for the orientation about an hour before it started. I might have been there with my mother or girlfriend (brought them to make sure my support system (people I love and who love and care for me) understand what I will be going through). I am not sure who I was with; I have been there so many times for orientations. Anyways, I remember you were there because you already applied and the speaker asked your last name and said they were just getting to your application. Can not wait till February wishfully thinking. BTW I am an EMT if that rings a bell.

Archived