• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1 visaliajay

visaliajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

I know that the last application deadline recently passed by, but here we go with a new thread. Those of us planning to apply to the Stanford program have less than a year for us to get our quackers in a row.
  • Valentidib likes this

#2 cardoza.joel21

cardoza.joel21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:28 AM

Glad I found this forum, I will be applying this year for 2017 also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • TATAbox likes this

#3 visaliajay

visaliajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:25 AM

Glad I found this forum, I will be applying this year for 2017 also

#4 CertifySD

CertifySD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:51 AM

Hey All!

Going to be my first time applying this year. I'm in San Diego. Any other first timers?

#5 ashah

ashah

Registered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:05 AM

Hi Newbie, I am from San Diego As well, however, this will be my second year applying.  Advice to apply as soon as CASPA opens, which is April 22nd, 2016.  The sooner you apply the higher chance of interview you'll have.  That was my biggest mistake last year, and the fact that I didn't have enough clinical hours.

Good luck my friend!

Amelia

• ginger20 and CertifySD like this

#6 visaliajay

visaliajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

Central valley here, does everyone have a Bachelor's?

#7 CertifySD

CertifySD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:29 AM

Nice! @Ahsha. I will apply as soon as they open. How many hours did you have? I've been working in the ER as a tech for about 4years. Hours are nearing 5,000. Any other advice on the application process???

Thanks!

#8 CertifySD

CertifySD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:06 AM

Central valley here, does everyone have a Bachelor's?

Yea I do.

#9 visaliajay

visaliajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:37 PM

Hi everyone. this is the first year I will qualify to apply, I hope. They may switch to a masters program before this application, in which case I'm out. In last years info sessions they stated that this application will be the last that will not requires B.A. or B.S. I hope it did not change. If you have not gone to the Info sessions you may want to this year. they were really helpful and answered a lot of questions.

I learned that they place emphasis on leadership, grades, experience and community service.

If anyone hears that the requirements do change please give me a heads up. good luck 

#10 piker

piker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

Hi everyone! This will be my first time applying as well unless they require a Bachelor degree. Then it will be off to a state school for me.

#11 jsylte

jsylte

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:36 AM

I could not find Stanford / Foothills on the new CASPA application. Does anyone know if they are using CASPA this year, or did they go back to the old school way of doing things?  

#12 milesHenson1

milesHenson1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:13 AM

As far as I know on their website it says they are transitioning to a Masters program. I assume they will still use CASPA, any current students out there have the inside scoop on this situation?

#13 jsylte

jsylte

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

Found it! Stanford finally updated their website.

"The Primary Care Associate Program (PCAP) has transitioned to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). Our application will be available on CASPA in July 2016."

• ginger20 likes this

#14 hkjoey

hkjoey

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

I just graduated and they told me everyone applying THIS year will need a bachelor's degree. Stanford will completely take over likely next year (if i recall correctly) and it will become far more competitive (and much more expensive). So if you can now, apply this year!! good luck! 

fyi, there's a facebook page where they sometimes post info for potential applicants: https://www.facebook...nfordpaprogram/

• denise and ginger20 like this

#15 PAJamesy

PAJamesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:56 PM

Anyone know if the Stanford app is on CASPA yet? I have checked multiple times today and have not found the program. On the participating programs list, it states that Stanford opens on 7/1 and on Stanford's website, it just says July in general? 

#16 denise

denise

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

Anyone know if the Stanford app is on CASPA yet? I have checked multiple times today and have not found the program. On the participating programs list, it states that Stanford opens on 7/1 and on Stanford's website, it just says July in general?

I attended the recent info session at Stanford, and they said they were likely to open the application during late summer. They received notice of the approval for transition in May and are they working out the details of the program. Hope this helps!

• aadiep11 likes this

#17 PAJamesy

PAJamesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:56 PM

I attended the recent info session at Stanford, and they said they were likely to open the application during late summer. They received notice of the approval for transition in May and are they working out the details of the program. Hope this helps!

Thank you Denise! Appreciate it :)

#18 denise

denise

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:18 PM

Thank you Denise! Appreciate it :)

No problem!

They also confirmed that they will require a bachelor degree this cycle at the session as well, for those who are curious/unsure.

Good luck everyone! :)

• PaigeClark3 likes this

#19 PaigeClark3

PaigeClark3

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

@Denise- thank you for the insight. Do you know if the bachelors  could be in process? I am a senior and I am 20 credits away from my bachelors. Thank you.

I am a current certified medical assistant in the emergency department. I have a background of 7+ years in family practice as a medical assistant and 2.5 years being a x-ray technician.

#20 denise

denise

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

@Denise- thank you for the insight. Do you know if the bachelors could be in process? I am a senior and I am 20 credits away from my bachelors. Thank you.

I believe they said that you just have to have a bachelor degree by the start of the program! And they now require the GRE. They plan on updating their website once the details are finalized.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users