just took panre

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like so many here in this thread, oddly enough titled "just took the PANRE", I too took mine on Monday.

Last time I took the Pathway II and scored quite well. I am an ER PA working high end critical care, newborn to geriatrics, I am also Ortho trained through a combination non-residency and OJT program...I am a PA educator (both for PAs and ER PAs)- I put forward my due diligence in study, online tests from NCCPA (scored High on all of them), PANCE guides and tests contained within -did well on those also...

However-

I am almost absolutely certain that I failed the PANRE- it was nothing what I expected. Nothing that I had studied for. Nothing that provided me the slightest feeling of satisfaction once complete.

If indeed the content on which I was tested is the minimum of what I should know as a Physician Assistant...perhaps my 12 year mark is the time where I need to start looking at other career options...

So-

Score came through this morning. I did indeed pass, which was a pleasant surprise. Oddly, my score was almost the same as when I took my Pathway II last time. I have no idea HOW that was the case, and I have no clue how it is scored. Frankly I am simply pleased that it is behind me.

For those in our community who have yet to take it - I wish you the absolute best. Sincerely.

Joe

Archived