what does anyone know about this program

Since interviews started in August, and given my previous post, I am pretty sure some seats have likely been taken. I do not know how many however. Last years incoming class had 34 students, so my guess is that the number will be around there, but I do not know for sure. Maybe you should call them like jaznugget did to find out more specifics about your application and the process.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am not sure who i talked to , it was a woman, coordinator of the program, and they already received all my document on August 1st( i called them that day),

she also looked up my information, and told me not yet be decided, and should wait for couple weeks, and they try to send out all notice or interview phone notice before end of August,

i guess the notice will send out before end of this month, but the interview will continue until next month?

I am really sorry to hear that too guys. I hope we all get in somewhere too. I am still waiting on an answer from someone. I got rejected from a school during the last application cycle. Opening that letter really stings, because I know we all want this so badly. We just have to move on, and hope for the best with other schools.

Hmm.. that's funny. I did the same thing with the school that rejected me, and they said it was because I was on academic probation during my sophomore year, and I didn't explain why I was. I think that most schools tell you. Mark, would you mind telling us what your GPA was and HCE hours were?

sorry to hear that, and still waiting for, i feel there is not much possibility to get the interview since it's approaching end of August.

which part do you think the most important factor for them to determine? GPA, clinic experience, or prerequirest course score?

I am guessing GPA doesn't weigh as much as we think, because mark has a 4.0! You seem like a great candidate, Mark, so I am sure you will get in somewhere. I am thinking maybe the essay means a lot. I was partially proud of mine, but I think it could have been better. I have a 3.5 gpa, and ~1,000 hour of HCE experience as an EMT/medical assistant. I also have ~700 hours of residential counselor experience working with previously sexually abused adolescents, but I don't think that counts as 'healthcare experience'. I was directly dealing with the patients but it was more of a social work field than medical field. Would you guys think that this counts?

mark and jaz both are strong candidate for the program,

confused why they reject you,

as me, my GPA around 3.7, for science will be higher than 3.7,and i have over 2000 hours as residency, and over 1000 hour as intership, both are clinical practice dealing with patients. but all were done in China, and 4 years research experience as post-doc in USA.

I think it will hard for me to get offer as foreigner applicant.

anyone has idea?

Yiyipen. I'm not sure how hard it will be for you to get into Bridgeport or other programs. I know there are certain programs that do not accept FMGs. However, one of my friends is a FMG and currently in a PA program, so I definitely know that it is possible. I believe he applied to a lot of schools and got 1 acceptance. I'm not sure what his stats were or anything like that though.

Archived