Interviews? (For 2012 matriculation)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't heard either way and I submitted everything early/mid-July. I'm in MN, so perhaps it will just take longer to get to me? I am also surprised that they would fill all their interview spots right away. Has anyone received an invite for an interview in Nov/Dec/Jan? I wonder if they'll send out the invites for later months right away or wait until closer to the date? This really bums me out.

That is what I am hoping too, that they will add spots after september an October. I haven't seen anyone with interviews during the later months.

I spoke to someone from the PA program today, he said they have already given out a little less than half of the interview seats. They are still reviewing applications in the order they were received. The primary application process is closed however and they are no longer accepting secondary applications. So for the people that have already sent the secondary....we just have to play the waiting game to see if we receive an interview. Good luck everybody!

DON'T GIVE UP YOU PEOPLE THAT SUBMITTED SECONDARIES...BE POSITIVE AND KEEP YOUR HOPES UP!

:smile:

I also was not able to sumbit a secondary app (fee). I submitted my CASPA 8-16, it mailed out 8-19 and I got the same email as mentioned above from Donna Sparks on 8-22. I am a bit aggravated that they have done this 2years in a row to me. I accept that I should have applied a lot sooner, althought this was still sooner than my last cycle app date, however, if they aren't going to be able to offer secondary applications and give full consideration to all applicants that meet criteria by the posted deadline, they need to change that next year and move the application deadline up to 8-1. I feel like I paid $45 to apply to the program that isn't taking anymore applications...despite the fact that they are still taking money from caspa apps and applicants for another 6days!~

Either way, GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE STILL IN THE "POSSIBLE" CATEGORY! (:

all4me: good luck with your other schools.

This was my first cycle applying and I thought submitting in July would be fine, but I'm a bit worried. If I need to apply next cycle, I'll submit in April/May. I can see how it would be difficult to submit really early if you're having problems with LORs or transcripts, which really blows if you're an excellent candidate. I understand schools receive heaps of applications for 50 or so spots and it must take forever to go through them and be difficult to cut 2000 applicants down to 200 interviews, so that's probably where the rolling admissions come in. A different school I applied to stated their deadline was January and I didn't see anything about rolling admissions, but they've started interviews this month. I've learned that you just need to submit right away.

@all4me - I wish I would've read this post sooner b/c the same thing is happening to me. I e-submitted August 20th (summer grades were posted to my transcript August 17th and I wanted them to be included) and my application was verified August 25th. I figured I beat the September 1st deadline. I just logged on to check the Programs link and saw a note saying, "NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2012 CYCLE." So I guess they won't even look at my application once CASPA mails it out and of course w/ CASPA, you can't get a refund for designating that program.

At least I know to expect that e-mail from Donna Sparks that others were mentioning. I agree that they should move their deadline to August 1st because they're still banking from CASPA applicants being able to select them (since September 1st isn't over yet)! I checked the list of participating programs and they're still listed w/ a deadline of September 1st. It's kind of misleading.

-TMB123-

Guest CaseyRyanClark

Sucks to say this but.... I received the letter that stated pretty much, there was too many applicants to even look at your application and they couldn't offer any more interviews. I submitted my application May 31st, I guess a little too late.

Sometimes I wish that they would give interviews, not just based on the number but on the quality of the applicant (not to say that there are not qualified people who applied early. Shoot you are smart ones for getting them in ASAP.) However, I understand that they were flooded with applicants. I'm just a little bummed.

It just sucks to work so hard on your application, to not even be looked at.

I suppose it wasn't meant to be. At least I learned a lesson.... apply as soon as CASPA opens (pull an all nighter and type in every bit of information).

Good luck to those with interviews!! && for those who are stuck in the same boat as me, see you next year!!

Sucks to say this but.... I received the letter that stated pretty much, there was too many applicants to even look at your application and they couldn't offer any more interviews. I submitted my application May 31st, I guess a little too late.

Sometimes I wish that they would give interviews, not just based on the number but on the quality of the applicant (not to say that there are not qualified people who applied early. Shoot you are smart ones for getting them in ASAP.) However, I understand that they were flooded with applicants. I'm just a little bummed.

It just sucks to work so hard on your application, to not even be looked at.

I suppose it wasn't meant to be. At least I learned a lesson.... apply as soon as CASPA opens (pull an all nighter and type in every bit of information).

Good luck to those with interviews!! && for those who are stuck in the same boat as me, see you next year!!

whattttttt? then i might as well give up on this school. i submitted my caspa on august 3 and even paid the secondary fee, what a waste...did you apply to anywhere else?

Guest CaseyRyanClark
Good news is *if* you have to reapply your information will transfer over (not all of it but most of it). Then you can get your CASPA in and ready very quickly. Many people in the current class i know have applied multiple cycles, it is not looked down upon.

Really?? Does CASPA transfer over your information only up to a specific date, before the site shuts down and then re-opens for the following year? If possible could you elaborate a tad bit?

BTW there was so many applications this year that supposedly, they were able to shuffle through the first 200 applicants and were able to fill up interviews quickly. Looks as though when they say EARLY they mean EARLY... have your stuff ready a year ahead! I'm glad I had to learn the lesson the hard way. *Please do not be discouraged. I believe that God works in amazing ways. Chances are if you submitted more recently, you may receive a letter that they do not have enough seats to give you an interview right now. There may be a slim chance, but there is still a chance! You never know. I'll pray for those who are still waiting to hear back. I hope you get the answer you've been waiting on.

To answer david89, no I didn't apply anywhere else. I thought about Stanford, but struggled to complete the full paid 3,000 clinical hours. Honestly, I like what A.T. Still has to offer and I'm not willing to go just about anywhere. Sure, I could of gotten in somewhere, but I look at it as for the next two years I'm dedicating and devoting my life (kind of like a marriage) to the program. I sure hope they have the same goals and passions as I do. Besides, I knew going in this year, I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked to be, to be a VERY competitive applicant. (I still had pending courses.)

Next mission: new LORs, essay && figure out how to make me stand out! Any ideas??

** It was hard reading that letter, but I soon realized that this is not an end to all things. Sure some might feel, devastated, crushed (heck I know I did, my heart has been devoted to this)... but by all means get back on the horse again... there are plenty of more opportunities ahead. Good luck for those who applied to other schools && as well as A.T. Still.

Yes, CASPA does in fact carry over the majority of your information. It can be very helpful; the information transferred over includes demographics, any verified transcripts, personal statements, and even your work/shadowing experience, etc. However, this ONLY APPLIES to those who have paid and submitted an application that was MAILED the year before. I am a repeat applicant, but took a year off between applications so I had to re-enter my information, grades, etc., again. Hope this helps....Good luck all!

That's funny because I just emailed the admissions office the other day and they said nothing about not offering anymore interviews. They told me that my application was waiting to be reviewed and that I would recieve an email when that process started. I also have not recieved an email pertaining to this subject. I submitted my CASPA in the beginning of June.

That's funny because I just emailed the admissions office the other day and they said nothing about not offering anymore interviews. They told me that my application was waiting to be reviewed and that I would recieve an email when that process started. I also have not recieved an email pertaining to this subject. I submitted my CASPA in the beginning of June.

woww, this issue just got interestingly mysterious lol

Well, I received my rejection letter in the mail today. CASPA was mailed out in the first bunch, and the secondary was sent in as soon as I received it. This was my top choice program too. Oh well. Good luck to you all.

sorry to hear that, did you apply to other programs? if you don't mind, can i ask for your stats to see where i'm at or even stand a chance because i payed the secondary on august 15....thank you

I'm in the same boat as you. Applied early June and have received no emails/letters

Hello all,

I have an interview scheduled on Oct. 7th, I received this invitation Aug. 23rd. Hope to meet some of you there :)

REMEMBER: Stay positive throughout the ENTIRE process (For the record: this was not my first time applying).... You all know this but just to reiterate->The quest to get into PA school is NOT a sprint, it is most definitely a marathon. We work hard all year long...whether it is in the classroom/accumulating HCE/or merely developing a better understanding of why the PA role is such a rewarding position. If you have received a rejection letter, find out why and begin your fight for next year (March/April...It will come fast!). As for me, if I do not hear that I am accepted by the end of next month (Oct.), I plan to begin writing a new narrative and meet more PAs in specialties which I have minimal exposure (What you do now with your time, will help you once you get in).

Best of Luck to all!!! It will happen J

Hello all,

I have an interview scheduled on Oct. 7th, I received this invitation Aug. 23rd. Hope to meet some of you there :)

REMEMBER: Stay positive throughout the ENTIRE process (For the record: this was not my first time applying).... You all know this but just to reiterate->The quest to get into PA school is NOT a sprint, it is most definitely a marathon. We work hard all year long...whether it is in the classroom/accumulating HCE/or merely developing a better understanding of why the PA role is such a rewarding position. If you have received a rejection letter, find out why and begin your fight for next year (March/April...It will come fast!). As for me, if I do not hear that I am accepted by the end of next month (Oct.), I plan to begin writing a new narrative and meet more PAs in specialties which I have minimal exposure (What you do now with your time, will help you once you get in).

Best of Luck to all!!! It will happen J

Congrats on the interview....you must have applied way back in april huh

If you dont mind, can I ask for your stats?

Archived